Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheap (really cheap) house sign

(10 Posts)
snickersnack Sun 12-Oct-08 21:20:39

dcs have a playhouse in the garden. They love it and spend hours in there. I thought it would be nice if they had a sign for it with their names on it. So went hunting - eek! Even the cheapest is about £30. Does anyone know anyone who could/would make one for less? If it's going to cost that much, I'm not going to bother...

RiallyEeRiaee Sun 12-Oct-08 22:30:19

what kind of sign do you want ? could you do it yourself with paints and a bit of wood? (artistically of course)

If you get stuck I can do you one for postage (I have done a few pub blackboards and stuff in the past)

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 12-Oct-08 22:32:20

we bought individual wooden letters and glued them onto the door
Blue Play house - antique cream lettering.. I think it looks pretty smile

snickersnack Mon 13-Oct-08 21:49:47

RiallyEeRiaee...really? Really? I would be beyond thrilled, and I will happily pay you for your time and materials! I was after something fairly basic, that I can put on the front of the playhouse with their names on. "Snicker and Snack's House" with a little painting of a house. That sort of thing. Hadn't really thought about media, was just shock at the price of even the nastiest acrylic house signs on line.

I can't paint, and my creative skills are highly limited. It would be a disaster. Can I CAT you? <a delighted snickersnack skips around dreaming of a playhouse sign that won't look like a dog's dinner>

RiallyEeRiaee Tue 14-Oct-08 09:37:45

I don't know if you can cat me, you can try. If it doesn't work I'll put my email on <<shuuders in scared way>>

Hopefully I'll have suitable wood and paints left over so it shouldn't cost you anything (then if you don't like what I do neither of us should feel badsmile)

snickersnack Tue 14-Oct-08 10:04:15

Tried to CAT you. Think it worked. Check your email, let me know if nothing appears...

RiallyEeRiaee Tue 14-Oct-08 12:58:16

can you CAT me again snickersnack - I didn't update our my email changeblush

snickersnack Tue 14-Oct-08 13:56:56

Done - let me know if nothing turns up!

RiallyEeRiaee Tue 14-Oct-08 14:26:14

nothing yet, I'll check again later, maybe it takes time?

RiallyEeRiaee Wed 15-Oct-08 10:40:19

have emailed you snickersnacksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now