Talk

Advanced search

Cheap (really cheap) house sign

(10 Posts)
snickersnack Sun 12-Oct-08 21:20:39

dcs have a playhouse in the garden. They love it and spend hours in there. I thought it would be nice if they had a sign for it with their names on it. So went hunting - eek! Even the cheapest is about £30. Does anyone know anyone who could/would make one for less? If it's going to cost that much, I'm not going to bother...

RiallyEeRiaee Sun 12-Oct-08 22:30:19

what kind of sign do you want ? could you do it yourself with paints and a bit of wood? (artistically of course)

If you get stuck I can do you one for postage (I have done a few pub blackboards and stuff in the past)

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 12-Oct-08 22:32:20

we bought individual wooden letters and glued them onto the door
Blue Play house - antique cream lettering.. I think it looks pretty smile

snickersnack Mon 13-Oct-08 21:49:47

RiallyEeRiaee...really? Really? I would be beyond thrilled, and I will happily pay you for your time and materials! I was after something fairly basic, that I can put on the front of the playhouse with their names on. "Snicker and Snack's House" with a little painting of a house. That sort of thing. Hadn't really thought about media, was just shock at the price of even the nastiest acrylic house signs on line.

I can't paint, and my creative skills are highly limited. It would be a disaster. Can I CAT you? <a delighted snickersnack skips around dreaming of a playhouse sign that won't look like a dog's dinner>

RiallyEeRiaee Tue 14-Oct-08 09:37:45

I don't know if you can cat me, you can try. If it doesn't work I'll put my email on <<shuuders in scared way>>

Hopefully I'll have suitable wood and paints left over so it shouldn't cost you anything (then if you don't like what I do neither of us should feel badsmile)

snickersnack Tue 14-Oct-08 10:04:15

Tried to CAT you. Think it worked. Check your email, let me know if nothing appears...

RiallyEeRiaee Tue 14-Oct-08 12:58:16

can you CAT me again snickersnack - I didn't update our my email changeblush

snickersnack Tue 14-Oct-08 13:56:56

Done - let me know if nothing turns up!

RiallyEeRiaee Tue 14-Oct-08 14:26:14

nothing yet, I'll check again later, maybe it takes time?

RiallyEeRiaee Wed 15-Oct-08 10:40:19

have emailed you snickersnacksmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: