Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

oh dear, I seem to have bought double buggy without any brakes...

(8 Posts)
daydreambeliever Sun 12-Oct-08 20:40:43

Does anyone know anything about double terrain mountain buggys...I have bought a second hand one off ebay, it didnt say anything about not having brakes but it clearly doesnt have any and Im pretty sure it should! Is that the kind of thing that I can buy a spare part for and fit it myself does anyone know? Or did the old models never have brakes, in which case I will at least feel slightly less 'had'...It has taken a long time to get to me since buying it by way of various friends moving it a bit at a time so basically returning it is not an option. I am really quire disappointed by this!

differentWitch Sun 12-Oct-08 20:44:41

there should be 2 little red bits near the wheels attached to a shaped metal bar. Are they there?

daydreambeliever Sun 12-Oct-08 20:47:04

NO, no red bits and no shaped metal bar, just the basic frame thing....

differentWitch Sun 12-Oct-08 20:48:01

ah, arse.

daydreambeliever Sun 12-Oct-08 20:49:47

Oh well. Thanks differentwitch. Caveat emptor and all that. maybe if I call the manufacturers they will suggest something.

differentWitch Sun 12-Oct-08 20:51:35

Could you find a retailer near you that could order the brake as a spare part?

daydreambeliever Sun 12-Oct-08 21:00:39

Maybe, do you think It could be ordered? I am a bit useless at that mechanicy stuff but a brake is just a thing that you can buy and fit perhaps. I guess I can find out tomorrow, was hoping to be told on here that it was fine and normal and easily fixed!

differentWitch Sun 12-Oct-08 21:05:57

Go onto MountainBuggy website and they can tell you where your nearest independant stockist is.
I work in the industry and as long as it's not over 2 years old most spare parts are available. Is there a model number anywhere on the frame/ a barcode? Maybe you could e-mail the company and they could tell you where to get it from?
Have you spoken to all your friends who helped with transit? It may be stuck in a cupboard/ garage somewhere if it's been transported in stages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now