Talk

Advanced search

phil & teds double buggy - does your toddler fit under the hood?

(11 Posts)
sportswidow Sun 12-Oct-08 17:47:03

I have dd 2 years and am expecting a new baby in the next few weeks. I was going to buy the phil & teds double buggy but the people in the shop demonstrated to me that my dd won't actually fit under the hood, when she is sitting in the seat above the baby in the lie-flat position. This means I won't be able to get the rain cover over etc.

Anyone else encountered this problem or had the people in the shop set it up wrong? DD is tall but not a giant. Seems extraordinary ...

changer22 Sun 12-Oct-08 17:57:26

My friend has a DS who is just coming up to 18 months and he looks squashed.

sportswidow Sun 12-Oct-08 17:59:40

Oh dear. Maybe it is a design fault then ...

sweetkitty Sun 12-Oct-08 18:00:21

I had the same problem DD2 is 2 1/2yo and 90cms tall (yes I measured her) she just about fits under the hood maybe with 2-3cm gap between the top and her head. TBH since I have had the P&T I have never had the raincover up in the double mode so it hasn't been a problem. DD2 walks a lot of the time so I love the fact it goes from double to single and I keep the extra seat in the boot just in case. It's a great option for us and I love it.

CarGirl Sun 12-Oct-08 18:00:44

I ended up buying one of the much older versions for this very reason, because the toddler seat doesn't sit up top like on the newer ones. Did you try the vibe is that any better?

chipsandtart Sun 12-Oct-08 19:52:18

i saw a child in the vibe the other day and the seat on top of the newborn seemed tilted back and the child looked very uncomftable in it having to bring her neck up to see and it seemed they have added to much padding and it seemed cramped

sportswidow Fri 17-Oct-08 19:56:25

Is the Vibe the one that is £500? Eeeek!
From what I can tell, the P&T is the best option, even if she won't go under the hood. Just have to hope it never rains ...

Thesebootsweremadefortalking Fri 17-Oct-08 21:24:30

I just put the rain cover on without the hood up - works fine

sazm Fri 17-Oct-08 22:22:13

i've just bought an e3 for my daughter and bubby(due dec) my daughter is 2.8m and is tall(she is too tall for her 9m-4y carseat) and she just fits under, her head does touch the hood butim hoping its not going to be too much of a problem,at least its only for a few months.

ohdearwhatamess Sat 18-Oct-08 13:21:02

No, for the first 6 months ds1 couldn't fit under the hood (he was a very short 21 month old at the time). It is ok when the seats swap round though.

babbintot Sat 18-Oct-08 13:57:59

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now