Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Where can I get cheap star wars items - especially glowing light sabers?

(18 Posts)
jenthehen Sat 11-Oct-08 23:31:15

Ds having a star wars party and I'd like to buy all of his friends (8 of them) a light up light saber so they can do jedi training. We bought a cheap light saber type sword ast year on bonfire night and I'd like something similar but can't find any. Has anyone seen them anywhere?

princesspeahead Sat 11-Oct-08 23:32:35

there were some for £3.99 I think at toysrus

might have been 4.99 though

anyway not too bad

jenthehen Sat 11-Oct-08 23:52:46

I'll have a look, thanks. If anyone has seen them cheaper please let me know.

giggleBirthdayWitch Sat 11-Oct-08 23:55:36

we have got some this week at poundstretcher / instore wink

we did a similar sort of party thing and got the children those glow-in-the-dark light sticks from tesco, bout 90p each.

giggleBirthdayWitch Sat 11-Oct-08 23:57:18

this sort of stuff

jenthehen Sun 12-Oct-08 20:43:31

thanks for this, the toysrus ones are good but don't light up. I've already got some small glo sticks but I was hoping for a longer light sabre type thing I'll have a look at poundstretcher - do they have a web site?

jenthehen Sun 12-Oct-08 20:45:07

Giggleirthdaywitch, did the party go well? Any tips or ideas you'd like to share?

jenthehen Sun 12-Oct-08 20:56:47

bump

jenthehen Sun 12-Oct-08 21:15:28

Has anyone else seen any about? I thought there would bee loads as its halloween.

jenthehen Sun 12-Oct-08 21:56:03

also looking for star wars cake

DevilishDisasterArea Sun 12-Oct-08 21:58:08

i'd love a light sabre. am going to put one on my chrsitmas list. now.

AbbaFan Sun 12-Oct-08 22:02:19

I saw some light sabres in Woolies for £1.00 each.

They were in their value toy section - obviously not the 'star wars' brand, but great for parties favours.

AbbaFan Sun 12-Oct-08 22:03:18

oops - they don't light up though.

jenthehen Sun 12-Oct-08 22:15:46

they might do the job, certainly good value I'll take a look - thanks

WideWebWitch Sun 12-Oct-08 22:18:57

jenthehen, I can tell you what we did for a Star Wars party:

- Dh photoshopped ds's head as a dark side Jedi to make invitations

- we had the Star Wars theme music playing as they arrived

- we had a light sabre battle in the park

- Star wars cake, I can't remember where from but supermarket I'm sure. ring round to find one to save lots of driving

- Dh also took photos of each child and photoshopped it so they each took home a photo of themselves as a Jedi

obv you need a dh who is good with Photoshop under pressure to do this!

jenthehen Sun 12-Oct-08 22:46:06

thanks for that www - why is it when you don't need these things they seem to be everywhere an now I need Star Wars things they seem to e out of fashion!?

giggleBirthdayWitch Mon 13-Oct-08 01:12:01

sorry, posted and ran last night blush
our party was great, planning another one for halloween. They all jumped about on a bouncy castle with glow-sticks grin Twas hilarious. Also treasure hunt in the dark, the light sticks were all they were allowed to use to see with <nortywitch> The 'treasure' wasn't very cunningly hidden, as the lack of light made it last long enough!!
all good fun.

jenthehen Mon 13-Oct-08 19:59:17

Thanks everyone I've found some light saber type things on a website called glotime and I'm going to have to make a cake. I like your treasure hunt idea gbd, I might hide tin foil meteorites!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: