Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Electric Heaters

(4 Posts)
weddingcake Fri 10-Oct-08 21:00:54

I want to get a heater with a thermostat for DS's bedroom in case it's the cold that's waking him at 4 am at the moment. I naively opened the argos catalogue this evening and was too tired to work out the difference between convector heaters/oil filled radiators etc. so if anyone can point me in the right direction of what I need I'd be very grateful!

whispywhisp Sat 11-Oct-08 19:29:30

I bought an oil filled radiator yesterday from Argos...its one by Delonghi and cost around £40. We used it for the first time last night - it has three settings on it - its maximum setting being 1.5kw. It is thermostat controlled and it was absolutely brilliant at maintaining the heat we set it to...clicking in and out quietly during the evening. We decided to buy it because we can't afford to run our gas central heating and I find GCH makes the house quite stuffy whereas this heater just keeps one room nice and cosy...our lounge, which would normally be freezing cold. Its a great heater because you set it at the temp you want and leave it on with the thermostat doing all the work for you. Its also very economic to run.

weddingcake Sat 11-Oct-08 21:11:23

Thankyou - that sounds perfect - will have a look.

whispywhisp Sat 11-Oct-08 22:15:03

It was catalogue number 415/0482 and cost £39.96. The other good thing about it is when we turn it off, because its oil filled, the oil stays hot for quite a while after....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now