Talk

Advanced search

Are beco 4th generation slings any good?

(5 Posts)
mumofdjandbabies Fri 10-Oct-08 18:46:39

thinking about buying one for my limpit newborn little lady!

Yeni Fri 10-Oct-08 19:12:22

I haven't got one but they are very popular and sought after. I've got the Butterfly whcih is very good and comes with a built-in newborn insert.

mumofdjandbabies Sat 11-Oct-08 18:43:12

OH OK THANKS, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE DIFF IS BETWEEN THEM oops caps sorry xx

Yeni Sat 11-Oct-08 21:39:47

The 4th Gen is a normal soft structured carrier, so there is just the waist/hip belt and the shoulder straps and fabric in between. With the butterfly you clip the baby into the carrier BEFORE you put it on because it has an integral harness. It has a newborn insert which raises smaller babies up in the carrier and holds them in the right position. The newest version, the Butterfly II has a detachable newborn insert so you don't have the extra fabric inside the sling once the baby is bigger, and an improved hood, but I haven't tried it so I don't know much about it.

The 4th Gen was discontinued late last year so it might be hard to find one unless you have a second-hand source.

mumofdjandbabies Sun 12-Oct-08 15:08:25

ah gotch thanks!
someone has offered me only kindly to try her fourth generation sling and if I like it to buy it with the insert for £40 all in - I havent a clue what they are worth tho it sounds about right? Its so kind of her to let me try it first!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now