Talk

Advanced search

Toddlers waterproofs - all-in-one or two piece??

(10 Posts)
SweetApril Fri 10-Oct-08 10:16:01

Hi. Am about to buy first set of waterproofs for 19-month-old DD. I was going to get all-in-one but DP things two piece (bib and brace trousers and jacket) would be better. Anyone got any opinion? Hoping to get roomy size so they will last at least a year. Thinking of either Muddy Puddles or Togz. Thanks!

mrsgboring Fri 10-Oct-08 10:21:49

I like two piece for versatility. Sometimes it's not raining but the swings are wet or you wnat to puddle jumping and so you only need the dungarees. Sometimes it's spitting and you only need the jacket. My DS is funny about coats nad things - he's the most warm blooded child ever and will shed any clothing he sees as unnecessary, so that's why I went the way I did.

I love Rukka dungarees - they are softer than muddy puddles and have comfortably lasted DS well over a year. I top them with any old coats from NCT sale (as I found he grew out of coats quicker than trousers)

SweetApril Fri 10-Oct-08 10:25:35

Thanks! Haven't heard of Rukka. Will investigate when I get a mo.

MilaMae Fri 10-Oct-08 12:48:46

Definately 2 piece but not dungarees type you have to take off their jacket etc in an emergency(nappy,wee),not fun in the pouring rain. With the trousers 1 tug and they're off.

We have had every make known to man the best I've found are Togz. The jacket has a fab hood(crap hoods are the bane of my life) and the trousers are really good too, velcro round the ankles to adjust and an adjustable waist.

mrsgboring Fri 10-Oct-08 13:43:50

Not had a problem with dungaree removal - can just undo clasps and work straps out of jacket, but haven't had to do it much.

mammy2G Sat 11-Oct-08 22:56:57

I second the Rukka option. I have had one pieces which were very nice but got my DS Rukka dungarees and have used them loads this summer.....grin
Got them from littletrekkers site

feel nice and easy to stick in bottom buggy going to park.

Anifrangapani Sat 11-Oct-08 22:59:21

Patagonia do fab gortex ones ( really hard wearing) with a zip to open up the inside leg seam so you can change them without having to undress them..... a bit warm for summer as they are fleece liined.

hambo Sat 11-Oct-08 22:59:46

I got a one piece from Little Green Earthlets for my 22 month old, in which he looks extremely cute...plus it was only £9.99!!!!

giggleBirthdayWitch Sat 11-Oct-08 23:04:48

we have togz ones, dd was toilet trained by 21mo (by herself, I had very little to do with it)so two parts were essential as "mummy i need a wee" was generally meaning immediately wink
The dses however happily wore 1 piece suits til the age of 4, much easier as for ?????what reason boys always seem to "come apart" in the middle hmm (if you have one you know what i mean) plus the fact that toilet issues are not quite the full-strip event with boys that they are with little girls grin

giggleBirthdayWitch Sat 11-Oct-08 23:07:36

oh btw have tried all makes too - and Togz are the best imo. not the fleecy lined ones, just the breathable waterproofs, put whatever they need in the way of jumpers, fleeces, tights and trousers underneath. We do a lot of walking / climbing / cycling and the togz have been fantastically practical in every situation smile

<off to find out if togz are gonna put me on their marketing team soon>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: