Talk

Advanced search

New dryer for garage: vented or condenser?

(7 Posts)
AtheneNoctua Thu 09-Oct-08 13:36:30

We have a mid range Hotpoint Aquarius condenser dryer in the garage. It is broken and would be more economical to replace -- after only three years so I'm actually not particularly impressed with Hotponit. Anyway the guy who came to fix it advised we replace it with a vented dryer instead of a condenser. He said it would be cheaper, use less energy, and dry the clothes faster. He said humidity in the garage would not be a problem. But, I'm not really convinced.

So, if you have a dryer in your garage, is it vented or a condenser variety. If it is vented, is that a problem in terms of humidity?

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Oct-08 13:42:11

i would go for vented

wontbepreggersagain Thu 09-Oct-08 13:44:57

i have a condenser and mines great (but then i'm comparing it to a vented set and forget that you used to set and it would just forget to dry clothes!!!)

egypt Thu 09-Oct-08 13:47:13

vented. condensers need emptying a lot and go off when they get full. annoying. an they're not HALF as efficient. really. i've had both.

vented
vented
vented

egypt Thu 09-Oct-08 13:49:11

as for garage and humidity. it will be fine. i have mine in a utility with open grated window. never stick the hose outside. a garage is just as airey. plus you live in uk? so cold and less humid than here in singapore with 90% humidity!!!

egypt Thu 09-Oct-08 13:50:04

aaaaaaand you dont want your leccy bills to be much higher than necessary!

AtheneNoctua Thu 09-Oct-08 14:02:14

Hmmm... wonder how much effort it would be to just drill big hole in the garage wall?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now