Talk

Advanced search

What pram/buggy??? 2.5yr old and newborn???

(11 Posts)
Carameli Thu 09-Oct-08 12:53:33

It's not for a while yet but has anyone had this situation here and what did you do.
My dd walked everywhere from around 3yrs but I am not sure Ds who is quite the active wriggler would stay on a buggy board till then but then I am going on what he is like now and not in 6mnths time.

ANy ideas?

bluemousemummy Thu 09-Oct-08 13:10:54

I would wait until the baby is born and then decide. I am in the same situation and am planning to carry the baby in a sling for at least the first couple of months (all being well) and then see how ds is. It's annoying but you will probably only need a double buggy for a few months so avoid buying one new if you can - can you borrow one or get one second hand?

tassisssss Thu 09-Oct-08 13:13:59

good idea to wait and see

start looking for second hand bargains. i have a fabulous double nipper that's on its last legs but was only £21 on ebay!

ilovemydog Thu 09-Oct-08 13:21:05

I've got a phil and ted's, but also use the sling a lot.

Do you walk a lot? If not, then perhaps a footboard would work (and is cheaper!)

tassisssss Thu 09-Oct-08 13:22:38

I have a 21 month gap and my older daughter is a FAB walker. I have sling options and buggy board options and use both but there are times over the past 4 months when I would not have been without a double.

Carameli Thu 09-Oct-08 13:23:01

definitely don't want to buy a brand new one so keeping an eye out for bargains. that is why I had thought of the buggy board idea.

Carameli Thu 09-Oct-08 13:25:23

tassissss, that what I thought really, ds loves walking now but is only 22mnths so think next summer there are definitely going to be moments when he'll need a sit down.

tassisssss Thu 09-Oct-08 13:27:01

I'm pleased to have a hand on buggy board, but it's not IMO the easiest to push. There are times when you have a stroppy toddler and somewhere to be when you just have to pin them down and push!

Carameli Thu 09-Oct-08 13:43:26

thats exactly my fear with ds who can have a quite a temper

nicolamumof3 Thu 09-Oct-08 18:14:06

best to wait and see i would have a sling and then see how you get on. i had 18m and my son who was late walker is now 2.9yrs and is almost growing out of the phil n teds which i only bought two months ago and adore, best double i've had (and i've had a few!!) p&t fab as flexible to use as a single too. But you never know 6m is a long time for toddlers you might not need one! you can always live in hope!! is ds 2.5yrs now or will be when baby arrives?

Carameli Thu 09-Oct-08 22:41:58

ds will be 2.5yrs when new baby arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now