Advanced search

Bumbo vs Bebepod

(15 Posts)
Libra1975 Thu 09-Oct-08 08:32:56

Which would you recommend and why?

Thanks

SharkyandGeorge Thu 09-Oct-08 08:35:54

Well probably neither.

I have had a Bumbo, was fine nothing wrong with it at all but not cheap and barely used was only a very small window between her having good enough head/neck control to sit in it and actually being able to sit herself.

Haven't bothered with DD2 as think they are a bit pointless.

However if you really want one then I had no complaints about the Bumbo apart from as mentioned found it a bit of a waste of money.

Libra1975 Thu 09-Oct-08 08:39:08

Thanks, something to pick up second-hand then if wanted.

singingtree Thu 09-Oct-08 08:39:26

I agree with SharkyandGeorge. We inherited a Bumbo and DS liked it, but they used them for such a short period of time I don't think they are worth buying

singingtree Thu 09-Oct-08 08:39:58

sorry - cross-post - yes, deffo wouldn't buy one new

Libra1975 Thu 09-Oct-08 08:42:03

can you use a bebepod for longer?

fairimum Sun 12-Oct-08 21:38:26

they are essentially the same! we have tried both (we have a bumbo and friends have a bebepod) - work on same principle, so would both last the same - we prefer the bumbo as much softer and DD seemed more comfortable - I know friends who have used it from 3 to 12 months (depends how likely your little one is to want to escape!)

We wouldnt be without ours as DD is so so nosey and let her sit up and see wht is going on from 3 months (When she could hold her head up!), using it now for weaning as she sits up much straighter!Also fab to have her sat in while we are eating before could sit up in highchair!

littlelamb Sun 12-Oct-08 21:44:59

Our bumbo lasted a grand total of 3 weeks before ds worked out how to make himself completely rigid and escape shock He is only 18 weeks old and it has been sent back to the second hand baby shop where it was bought from in the first place (they give you half back so it really only cost us £8, so can't really complain). It is quite a weird concept really, 'I am going to prop you up in this thing to make it look like you can sit up even though you can't' grin DD liked that she could play with ds sat right next to her, but that was about the only plus, and in a few months time he will be doing that himself anyway

Plonker Sun 12-Oct-08 21:52:22

Neither - waste of money IMO

I am also of the opinion that when babies are developmentally ready to sit up and nosy round, they will be able to sit up and nosy round themselves, not by being propped up, if that makes any sense at all?? Although i have to say i have no evidence to back this up, it is merely my own random, rambling opinion ...

Woooozle100 Sun 12-Oct-08 22:03:47

bumbo was fab for my dd. She has global developmental delays and couldn't sit for ages. Bumbo recommended by physio and it really helped her sitting posture. She really benefitted from being able to see what was going on around her and being fed wink would've been pretty shite to just leave her on the floor cos she couldn't do owt else on her own

lots of babies have quite poor trunk control for whatever reason (eg prem)

used it for ds and found it a bit cack. Wouldn't have found it good value for money as he escaped in a matter of weeks.

Curlyghoulie Sun 12-Oct-08 22:05:41

We inherited ours but it would have been a waste of money otherwise. Dd found it really easy to escape from it.

BroccoliSpearedThroughTheHead Sun 12-Oct-08 22:06:59

My 2-year-old ripped the middle out of my bebe pod, so on that basis I'd say bumbo.

nicolamumof3 Mon 13-Oct-08 14:59:00

both ds loved the bebepod as they were lazy boys and happy to sit in whilst i had a shower etc, i knew they were safe, as used for both boys and then sold on i thought good value really.

try and borrow one first to see if you like?

CuppaTeaJanice Mon 13-Oct-08 18:33:30

Bebepod is better as it has a play tray attachment.

We got ours secondhand (£15ish) and have been using it for 3.5 months now, so not bad value. Will be helpful for sitting him in when we start weaning too.

fairimum Mon 13-Oct-08 20:39:18

can get a play tray for the bumbo too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now