Talk

Advanced search

Help! Which Playmobil items should I spend hours on ebay searching for?

(30 Posts)
luckywinner Wed 08-Oct-08 19:28:17

Thought I would start my crimble shopping for my ds just in case there is a huge run on Playmobil before December (don't laugh I am serious grin).

Can anyone recommend anything from Playmobil that a 3 and a half year old boy would like? He has the rescue helicopter and boat and a rubbish bin lorry that I seem to love more.

Ooh and while we're here, how about for my dd who will be 2 in December.

If I am really honest it is all for me because I heart Playmobil and refuse to buy anything else.

jangly Wed 08-Oct-08 19:29:48

The knights and the castle. I built up a great collection for dgs from E-bay.

TotalChaos Wed 08-Oct-08 19:32:04

Noahs Ark.

beansmum Wed 08-Oct-08 19:32:58

the pirate ships, the rock castle (I've just bought it for ds), knights, the farm stuff is quite cool, all of it really.

ooh, and a digger. ds got one from his granny (even though I'd asked for knights or pirates) and he LOVES it.

SoMuchToBits Wed 08-Oct-08 19:33:02

OOOOhhh! Everything!

Don't get me started on Playmobil! Ds and I love the stuff. He has loads, but it's never enough!

See my profile for pictures of Norman the Foreman (Playmobil builder who never does work, but drinks tea all day).

Ds loves airport stuff, cargo harbour, police, fire, construction, all that sort of thing.

What I would say is do get several sets that go well together - you will get loads more play value out of them that way.

avenadrinkofblood Wed 08-Oct-08 19:33:34

The construction one with workmen, pickaxe's, a bit of road and pipes was great fun.

SoMuchToBits Wed 08-Oct-08 19:34:56

OOh, yes, the superset construction Avena, but I don't know if it's still currently available (but may find it on Ebay).

We found several discontinued sets on Ebay, which have been great.

SuperBunny Wed 08-Oct-08 19:35:56

The castle with a dungeon where the 'naughty' people get thrown and a canon that fires a ball. Tis fab.

LargeGlassofRed Wed 08-Oct-08 19:36:37

the camper van is fantastic loads of peices. Also the house that fold up.

luckywinner Wed 08-Oct-08 19:37:39

Somuch, rofl at Norman the Foreman. Do you ever find you set it all up beautifully for it to be ruined played with by dc.

I've never seen the Knights castle but dh has retro ghosts from his playmobil days. they are fab, they even glow in the dark!

Commence ebay trawling grin

jangly Wed 08-Oct-08 19:39:27

Yes, we bought the rock castle and they love it. Its less expensive than the big one and I think, if anything, its better. Some of the knights are sooo sweet!

Flossish Wed 08-Oct-08 19:45:42

what makes playmobil so great can anyone explain? DS loves helicopter heroes so looking at the rescue helicopter - is it really that good?

luckywinner Wed 08-Oct-08 19:51:47

That's what we have. Ds loves it. I think it is the attention to detail, with the rescue helicopter it has lots of little bits like a defibulator (sp?), a drip for whoever you are rescuing, a diver with an iron lung type helmet complete with weights in the bottom of his feet to make him sink to the bottom of the water. We have a rubbish bin lorry and it comes complete with fish bones for the rubbish! I think it hooks the parents in just as much.

Flossish Wed 08-Oct-08 19:56:39

i keep reading it as a 'rubbish' bin lorry!!! grin Thank you I will talk to DP as I'd rather him have that sort of thing that a tonne of Ben 10/proweranger type affairs.

luckywinner Wed 08-Oct-08 20:03:19

Hehe, tis definitely not rubbish, more faberoo.

I never know what to call them though. I suppose I could go all stateside and call them garbage trucks or maybe refuse collection vehicles?!

But I digress. The other fab thing about the helicopter rescue thing is you get a dinghy that you can put in the bath with a motor on it. It also has oars but be careful the oars do not sucked down the plughole as ours did when we let the bath water out. That was a sad day.

Flossish Wed 08-Oct-08 20:30:05

Thank you very much. I'll definately look more closely at it. It does sound good and we need more bath toys! smile

Curlygirly Wed 08-Oct-08 20:39:15

Tesco are selling some Playmobil this week. They don't usually and I bought ds1 the Rubbish Truck for his birthday as it was all on offer. They were also selling a boat, think it might have been the speed boat.

SoMuchToBits Thu 09-Oct-08 10:20:34

The camper van is great - ds has that (Norman the Foreman often has a holiday in it with his mates).

Also the rubbish bin lorry is absolutely not rubbish, but very good.

The good thing about Playmobil is that there are so many little accessories in it, and details which make it great to play with. It's very well designed, and quite robust.

If you lose bits, you can get them replaced by phoning the customer services at Playmobil. I reckon you could replace your oars that way luckywinner.

stealthsquiggle Thu 09-Oct-08 10:31:08

oooh a Playmobil thread - just the thing for a chilly morning grin

To the OP - unless your DD tends to put things in her mouth I would move directly to 'proper' playmobil rather than the 123 stuff - DS started getting his at 2, and my DD (same age as yours) is constantly pinching it. There is a nice playground which might be nice.

The Rubbish Lorry is in fact a very PC Recycling Truck and if you suggest to them that they are taking it all to landfill on the quiet you would have a lot of angry Playmobil bin men - and in our house the bin men are the equivalent of SoMuch's Norman the Foreman - you do not mess with them smile

Bath based stuff (rescue boat, submarine, etc, etc) is very cool but buy a sink strainer or you will find yourself trying to replace lots of small bits which fit down bath plugholes all too well.

Marne Thu 09-Oct-08 10:32:04

Dd likes;

The coach/bus (only avalible in woolworths i think, but have seen it on e-bay)

The camper van

Police car and bike

Rubish truck (she has 2)

Pirate ship (on offer in the entertainer and online)

She's getting the circus ring for x-mas, i have already bought it from e-bay)

iheartdusty Thu 09-Oct-08 10:43:23

DS has a crane with motor which lifts things up on a hook. The set came with a portacabin for Norman and mates to drink tea in (coffee machine included) and a separate loo. Many hours of fun to be had hoisting the loo cabin up with a builder sat on it. And there are 3 tiny mobile phones, a laptop, wheelbarrows, etc.

Marne Thu 09-Oct-08 10:49:29

circus

belgo Thu 09-Oct-08 10:53:45

The Egyptian stuff looks great, not sure if you can get it yet in the UK though.

I recently bought a second hand inca temple, and also a cowboys and indians set. It's worth looking around for bargains.

I think the pirate sets are great. I'm due to have my third baby this week, and having two girls already who are into everything pink, I'd love a boy simply so we can expand the playmobil collection with boy's playmobilgrin

pickie Thu 09-Oct-08 10:59:07

Here is another vote for the digger, helicopter and police man on motorbike.

My DC also love the jumbo jet (three years on still being played with frequently).

Plus we have a dino expedition set (discontinued) which is fab.

Also have the Zoo but although they play with the animals not so much with the enclosures etc as they cant put it toghether themselves yet.

SoMuchToBits Fri 10-Oct-08 11:42:55

Egyptian stuff will be available in UK next year Belgo.

Stealth, Norman would like to meet your bin-men (over a cup of tea!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now