Talk

Advanced search

Tin openers

(10 Posts)
pushchair Wed 08-Oct-08 18:33:29

Mine on last legs and annoying the heck out of me. So cheapncheerful or what?

pushchair Wed 08-Oct-08 20:20:14

I know its not fascinating but anyone?

FabioCanHaveMysoul Wed 08-Oct-08 20:22:52

Deffo cheap and cheerful. My MIL has the world's most amazing array of ridiculously expensive can openers (really, the woman is nuts grin ). She doesn't use any of them. She uses the £3.99 one she picked up in Sainsbos.

beansmum Wed 08-Oct-08 20:24:52

I have a fancy brabantia one and it's rubbish. Go for cheap and cheerful.

pinkspottywellies Wed 08-Oct-08 20:26:20

I have this one from Lakeland. I got it for my birthday! I think it's fab but the only thing is that you can't drain things like tuna by pressing the lid in.

feetheart Wed 08-Oct-08 20:29:42

After years of cheap crappy ones I spent a fortune (for me) on one from Pampered Chef. Tis brilliant and saves SO much stress in the run up to dinner time when starving children are whining and clinging to my legs.
Can't do the tuna thing either but a small price to pay.

pushchair Wed 08-Oct-08 20:48:34

pinkspottywellies cant believe you got a tin opener for birthday. Nice though. I think perhaps a posh and a cheapy.

plumandolive Wed 08-Oct-08 20:59:24

Ours has broken- supermarkey one made to look like a great one, so we bought an old fashioned sort and it's crap- just opened a tin of tuna and my thumb is aching.
I'm definitely going to spalsh out on a really expensive onpinkspot hat looks great, and I can understand someone who likes gadgets for her birthday- as long as you got other stuff toosmile

pinkspottywellies Wed 08-Oct-08 21:05:55

I was going to get an iron for Christmas blush not because I love ironing but because one that isn't crap would make ironing less of a crappy chore. However, having told MIL that's what I was going to have, her's 'broke' and they bought a new one but then the old one started working again hmm so I have thiers. Do you think she's lying smile

plumandolive Thu 09-Oct-08 07:10:28

{grin]- at mil. My mil broke our iron.. she insists on ironing everyhing - pants, teatowels, socks, in a frenzy of neatness, then she went and dropped it. It does still work though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now