Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone noticed loo rolls are getting shorter?

(9 Posts)
Lieflet Wed 08-Oct-08 11:38:39

Our family is getting through them at the rate of knots. My theory is that instead of putting the prices up, Andrex has simply reduced the length and hoped no-one would notice. I know this is a small and ridiculously insignificant point, but it just makes me wonder what else is being cut back on in industry/manufacturing. Airplane safety checks, perhaps? Factory hygiene? Perhaps I'm being paranoid...Having said that, all my friends are saying the same thing about loo rolls. Would be interested if anyone out there is having the same experience!

girlandboy Wed 08-Oct-08 11:41:45

The thicker the paper the less you get! I bought some Andrex aloe vera ones (I think that's what they were??? they were on special offer) and we were getting through 2 a day. There's only 4 of us in the house.

Back to Tesco own brand. Though I can't buy the value one's - everyone complains that it's too rough on the bum !!!!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 08-Oct-08 11:43:18

I think this happens with a lot of products.

I bought something recently (I think it was Penguin biscuits?) and they were smaller than they used to be years ago hmm

Lieflet Wed 08-Oct-08 11:48:57

Yes, we get Andrex too, but not the Aloe Vera. I definitely think it's a very recent thing. The roles used to be really chunky, but now they're loosely packed so they look the same thickness, but aren't.

chipsandtart Wed 08-Oct-08 13:31:26

its the credit crunch

horsemadgal Wed 08-Oct-08 13:57:43

Well I had noticed that we were getting through them quicker.
My Velvet Quilted says average 165 sheets per roll, minimum roll length 20.6m.

Bramshott Wed 08-Oct-08 14:04:30

I read somewhere that several manufacturers were downsizing their sizes - eg. Heinz ketchup used to be in a 400ml bottle and is now 350ml for the same price (although in that case you'd be able to see the difference if you looked for it - a bit more cheeky with loo rolls though!)

FioFio Wed 08-Oct-08 14:05:33

Message withdrawn

BlackPussyCat Wed 08-Oct-08 14:07:27

Lol - imagine the colour your arse would end up using newspaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now