Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cotbeds

(15 Posts)
Expectantmum Thu 03-Mar-05 08:25:57

Apart from Mothercare, Babies 'R' Us and Argos, who can suggest where I look to purchase a decent cotbed? I don't really want to get one from a catalogue though as I want to see what its like before I buy it. Any suggestions gratefully received!

lyndap Thu 03-Mar-05 08:44:14

Mamas and papas do nice cotbeds...

irishbird Thu 03-Mar-05 08:53:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Evesmama Thu 03-Mar-05 08:54:57

watts..but their only in middlesbrough, but dd's cotbed is from tuuti bambini and saw it in a little shop in stokesly beforee i bought.hth

Expectantmum Thu 03-Mar-05 09:02:59

I live in Dartford and work in London, I luurrrrvvve the cots in Daisy & Tom, but a little out of my price range!! I don't really want to spend more than £300, although theres no particular hurry because I'm only 23 pg, but I'm just trying to be organised. We haven't really got any independent little places near us, the only ones I can think of are the three I mentioned, but they haven't got really what I want, just want a nice plain white one

hotmama Thu 03-Mar-05 09:07:43

All my nursery furniture is from the Mamma's & Pappa's range - and I am very happy with it. They have a good selection of styles but I suppose are a bit at the pricey end of the spectrum.

What I did was to make the decision on what I wanted then had a look at the internet to see who could do the best price. I found the Glasgow Pram Centre did fab discounts.

Cheekily, I then printed off the prices and went into my local independent supplier and said I would like to support a local supplier but I would be mad to ignore a whopping discount. The supplier basically matched the price resulting in a saving of £400 - result. Don't ask don't get.

Another good place to see a range of products is the Baby Show at the NEC (I think there is one in London etc) the next NEC one is mid-May -suppliers give additional discounts there - so good bargains to be had.

pipsy1 Thu 03-Mar-05 09:10:54

Have you tried kiddicare.com?

Expectantmum Thu 03-Mar-05 09:20:27

A few good tips there thanks, although Glasgow is a little too far for me, although I'm visiting friends there at Easter . I'll definitely try Mammas & Papas though, they do some lovely things.

hotmama Thu 03-Mar-05 09:23:50

I live in Nottingham - so nowhere near Glasgow - that's the beauty of the internet.

Expectantmum Thu 03-Mar-05 09:37:55

Yeah I guess, always think they're gonna charge a bomb in delivery though, but I'll definitely have a look, thanks.

Waswondering Thu 03-Mar-05 09:53:27

John Lewis stock a variety of makes too, including their own brand and Mammas and Pappas.

hotmama Thu 03-Mar-05 09:53:54

Forgot to say that on the Glasgow Pram Centre website it says they do free delivery. However, as I said I only used the website to compare prices and used someone locally to get a scorching deal.

HandbagAddiction Thu 03-Mar-05 09:59:26

I got all my stuff my Mammas and Papas and I love it. Best thing of all though - I paid full price at the time but then just happened to be in the store a couple of weeks later and saw all the items I'd bought reduced in the sale. So, I had a bit of a pregnant hormonal strop at them and they refunded me the difference between the full price and sale price!

So worth asking them if they have any sales coming up or which ranges are being discontinued as the reductions are often quite big!!!!

Jbck Thu 03-Mar-05 19:56:02

I live in Glasgow & got my nursery furniture from the Pram Centre. We bought lovely stuff from The Design Company, think my cotbed was about £250 plus mattress. They didn't used to sell the full range of their stuff on the website so you might only be able to get price comparisons. We saved about £80 on our bed & over £100 on our changing/drawers unit even the shelf/coatpeg thingy we bought was about £15 cheaper than anywhere else we'd seen. I'd try what Hotmama did or see if you can get what you want on the site. It's a big store & they have some really nice stuff.

Jbck Thu 03-Mar-05 19:58:42

PS a lot of the independent type ranges have quite a long delivery on them so you'd be best to start getting stuff organised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now