Talk

Advanced search

wrap sling for 3 month old?

(4 Posts)
SilverSixpence Tue 07-Oct-08 12:19:51

hi, i'm planning to buy a wrap sling to use with DS but not sure if i should go for a stretchy one or woven as he's getting bigger? ideally i'd like to use it for the next few months in a front carry and i like the idea of being able to pop him in and out of a stretchy wrap, but have read that they are not very supportive. I am thinking either moby or kari me. also i'm only 5'3" so dont want something which is going to be too long for me!

LostGirl Tue 07-Oct-08 14:35:44

Hi, I had a Moby from 2 months and it was absolutely great until dd hit around 19lbs, and then all of a sudden if she was in it for more than twenty minutes she would end up around my knees as the fabric was so stretchy. I bought a mei tai instead which is comfy but I do miss the 'popping in and out' aspect of a wrap, which I think you can still do with a woven. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along to help you but I wouldn't advise a moby if you are planning to use it for quite a while.

AccidentalMum Wed 08-Oct-08 10:46:46

An EllaRoo would be lovely to learn wrapping with and very little more than a new stretchy. A Girasol (££) or Didymos (£££!) would also be nice. Some other popular brands (eg. Hopp, BB-SLen can be overwhelmingly wide) If you are a size 12 or less, 4.2m will be fine, any bigger get a 4.6m one to start with. Google 'SlingMeet' fora group (maybe a library) near you.

Loopymumsy Wed 08-Oct-08 20:31:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now