Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stokke Sleepi replacement mattress - from Baby Mattresses Online?

(4 Posts)
SugarGlider Tue 07-Oct-08 10:08:05

A friend has very, very kindly given me her old Stokke Sleepi cot and I want to do the right thing and buy a new mattress.

It seems I can get a Stokke replacement mattress for £75 plus postage ... or a website Baby Mattresses Online have a range of other options - from a foam one for £26 to a sprung one for £42 (and slightly more expensive for Coolmax version of the same options, whatever Coolmax may be).

Has anyone got suggestions? I seem to be going through a spate of baby product choices that involves making the right decision second time round <sigh>. Is Stokke good quality enough to be worth the extra? If I go non-Stokke, is foam or sprung better? Anyone used Baby Mattresses Online?

Sybella Tue 07-Oct-08 10:18:30

Hi SugarGlider, i used them to get a mattress for ds2's cot (an old bow-ended cot). They were great, quite quick and the mattress fitted perfectly from my (quite vague) measurements. I would recommend them. I only got a foam mattress so couldn't comment on the quality of the sprung.

SugarGlider Tue 07-Oct-08 17:07:54

Thanks Sybella -- that's really helpful. Is foam okay, would you say? I can't imagine sleeping on foam permanently, but children are so light that it doesn't seem to matter?

chipmunkswhereareyou Tue 07-Oct-08 19:13:47

Foam is OK for a carrycot or crib but for a cot I'd recommend sprung really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now