Talk

Advanced search

Should I get a double, specifically a P&T's?

(4 Posts)
EsmeWeatherwax Mon 06-Oct-08 16:36:17

I'm having my second dc next April, so am starting early here! DD will be 2.1 when newbie arrives, so am wondering whether or not to get a P&T's E3/Sport. If I get it now I can use it for dd as a single til dc2 arrives, which should make it slightly more value for money, and I'd be buying second hand if I could as well. Any opinions?

SquiffyHock Mon 06-Oct-08 16:38:35

I bought mine at about the stage you are at and got lots of use from it. It really depends on your DC - DS wouldn't walk anywhere so we really needed the P&T when DD arrived (DS was 2.4) - now we are expecting number 3 and DD is much happier to walk but I still think I'll get lots of use from it.

ajm200 Mon 06-Oct-08 16:41:35

Depends how much walking you do and how well your DD will be walking by then.

Our ds will be 23 months when his sister arrives and currently doesn't use a buggy for short trips round the shops or to playgroup but when baby arrives we will go back to walking up to 6 miles per day and he'll need somewhere to rest so we have invested in a double mountain buggy.

Could you manage with a single and a sling?

I do like the new P&T vibe but as the LOs will have to spend so much time in the buggy I was worried about whoever ends up in the back getting bored and restless but if I only used a buggy for short trips I would probably have got one.

EsmeWeatherwax Mon 06-Oct-08 16:46:29

Well, I live in the country, and I do a lot of walking, spent hours walking dd in her pram! She's still in her pram a lot now, Although walking well, I just don't think she'd be up to the marathon hill clime to my house, which is right at the top of a very hilly village. I'm also not that convinced of her ability to remain under control if we go to shopping centres/into town etc. I'm completely talking myself into this here. I am also considering the sling option, but dd hated being in one so very much that I;m a bit wary of relying on it for another baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: