Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Easiest to push buggyboard with a mountain buggy or a Bugaboo Bee?

(10 Posts)
Tapster Mon 06-Oct-08 14:58:20

Can I stick a buggyboard on either on these, I think I've seen somebody with a Bee with one.

DD will be 2years and 4 months when DC2 will be born, as likely to be C-section, she will be more like 2.5 years old before I'm pushing a pram regularly. DD never keen on pushchairs, I push her on the trike mostly around town. I live in the centre of town so i don't think I'll get much use out of a double buggy.

I need something that is easy to push with one hand (thats why I'm ebaying my icandy apple). Attracted to Bee as its light and reversible. Mountain Buggy looks easy to push but a bit too reclined? Adjustable handle height essential as I'm 5ft and DH 6ft.

AccidentalMum Mon 06-Oct-08 17:36:43

They are both pricey buggies and the MB allows a buggyboard within its warrantee (please correct me if I'm wrong!) so that is a major plus for me. TBH though, I have decided that I'm not willing to comprimise on reversible-ity (you end up talking to your eldest soooo much when they are on a buggyboard, with tiny one just stranded, staring into space sad) that I am going to get a 2nd hand Mamas and Papas MPX pram now I am going to be using the BB loads (DDs are just 3 and 11mths).

elmoandella Mon 06-Oct-08 18:08:55

main problem is that alot of toddler that previous walked before sibling arrived regress. they suddenly decide they want to be pushed everywhere to.

you should wait till dc2 arrives and dd decides what she wants. plus we found it really handy just to be able to strap dc1 into a double when i was on my own with both dc. as you can have a real problem if dc 2 is screaming for a feed/nappychange/sleep. and dc1 is acting up and decided to run off as you've been paying to much attention to dc2 and not dd.

saying that. we use a buggy board alot more now that dc2 is a year old. but i still need the double. and use it very regular.

sometimes even just to get both kids to sleep at same time and have a bit of silence. and used to send dp off with the 2 in pram and i'd get a bah and we'd both get 10 mins together while they slept in pam outside.

elmoandella Mon 06-Oct-08 18:13:42

oh and i have a MB double, it's quite upright and i believe singles are the same.

AccidentalMum Mon 06-Oct-08 18:36:02

WSS...you also depend too much on the goodwill of your toddler if you are using a buggyboard or pram/sling IME. I have very rarely used a double but when I have, I really needed it.

nannyL Mon 06-Oct-08 19:25:11

i used a kiddie board on a mountain buggy... (when buggy boards were new they had 2 boards, a kiddie board and a buggy board and they fitted difefrently to suit different buggyes)

it was REALLY easy to push on the mountain buggy

generally i HATE buggy boards and refus to use them, but my only exception would be with a mountian buggy

nannyL Mon 06-Oct-08 19:26:12

also you van have 2 buggy coards on a MB double and 3 on a MB triple (wouldnt fancy pushing a triple with 3 kids on a board on the back thouh shock)

AccidentalMum Mon 06-Oct-08 19:31:58

Can you recline a MB with a board in place?

nannyL Mon 06-Oct-08 19:35:09

i used a v old MB (one of the original i think) and you couldnt recline that with a child on the board

Tapster Mon 06-Oct-08 21:37:17

Wouldn't be able to get down the high street or into many with shops with a MB double here or more crucially down to the playground as there is a very narrow pavement so not an option. Only other option is a P&T, or else a single and a cheap double for those occasions when I have to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now