Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A LARGER THAN AVERAGE MOSES BASKET/PARTICULARLY GOOD ONE?

(8 Posts)
mad4mybaby Sun 05-Oct-08 15:15:37

Dont want to be spending £50 odd on one as i know they dont last long just wondering if there were any out there that were bigger than average?

nicolamumof3 Sun 05-Oct-08 15:34:13

I had a portland crib from mothercare which was gorgeous it was £50 then 11.99 for the mattress so about the same as an average moses basket and stand, it did last longer than a moses basket, but was still in the cot by about 8wks!

mad4mybaby Mon 06-Oct-08 10:49:49

i need something that is light and easy to move upstairs/downstairs at the end of the day...

mrsmontano Wed 08-Oct-08 21:15:34

don't know of any bigger than average moses baskets, but if you're just thinking about somewhere for the baby to sleep during the day, you could have a travel cot downstairs and then the normal cot upstairs?

nannyL Wed 08-Oct-08 21:20:35

was thinking of the stokke cot that grows with the baby..

BUT i dont think it is light OR easy to move

nannyL Wed 08-Oct-08 21:21:45

www.lilimay.com/images/stokke/sleepi_walnut_circle_lg.jpg

there

PictureThis Wed 08-Oct-08 21:23:52

We had a clair de lune bassinette for DD and she was in it until she was 5 months old.

themoon666 Wed 08-Oct-08 21:26:36

I had a huge moses basket. DD and DS both slept in it until 6 months and they were big babies.

I bought it on a local market and made the linings myself from a pattern I found in a magazine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: