Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me about SCALEXTRIC Please? Especially micro and digital

(2 Posts)
ladyconstancekeeble Sun 05-Oct-08 09:51:24

Ds will be almost 5 at Christmas and we think he would like a scalextric. His cousin has the 'my first scalextric' which is micro scalextric with the mini coopers and fig 8 circuit. He loves this one but I think it may be a bit young for him if we got it for him this year.

I don't know if I should go for a bigger micro scalextric set or get a digital one which we can add to when he is older. Are the digital ones suitable for a not quite 5yo?

policywonk Sun 05-Oct-08 10:07:56

We got DS a micro scalextric (sounds like the bigger one) last Christmas. I have to say it hasn't been enormously successful - it's too fiddly for him to put together himself, it malfunctions a LOT (not because it's broken but because the track needs to be kept very clean, and that's not something that comes naturally to us), and his three-year-old brother pulls it apart too roughly and bends the connectors at the edges of each bit of track.

I'd say, buy it if you're thinking about it as something you'll play with alongside him, but not if it's something you want him to play with independently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now