Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car seat advice please (Group 2)

(6 Posts)
crokky Sat 04-Oct-08 13:37:41

DS is only 2.6, but well out of his group 1 car seat - lots of his head stuck out and his eyes are a bit more than level with the top!

He is very very tall and skinny and he is 15kg so as I understand it, OK to go into a group 2 carseat even though they are saying age 4+ on them. (He wears age 4 clothes etc).

Does anyone know...

-is there any particular seat that is suitable for a tall, skinny young child
-as these seats are generally not attached to the car, do they move when you lift a child in and out? Should I get one of the britax ones which are isofixed to the car and then have the adult belt over the child?
-any other pitfalls with group 2 seats? (He's my eldest, haven't done this before!)

BTW, I can trust him not to mess with the adult seat best - I do a fair bit of driving and he does understand that he must not mess around with his straps. I am not strict at all with him generally, but am very firm and serious when he's in a car seat which he seems to have understood.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sat 04-Oct-08 18:15:51

What is the name of the seat you are currently using?

crokky Sun 05-Oct-08 10:14:50

The group 1 seat that he is well out of is Britax Isofix Duo Plus.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sun 05-Oct-08 15:52:09

I would go to Halfords and get them to advise you.

Phoenix Sun 05-Oct-08 15:59:38

My ds is 2.8 and we have the britax isofix one too in dh's car. Ds is tall too and his head is only just inside the seat.

In my car (which he goes in most) we have a Britax Evolva 123 Ultra. It goes up to age 11. It's a high back booster which grows with the child.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sun 05-Oct-08 16:00:25

Once a certain point of the back of the head is above the seat back, it isn't safe and you need to change seats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now