Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wheely bugs

(15 Posts)
geordieminx Sat 04-Oct-08 10:01:02

Thinking of getting ds a wheely bug for xmas.. he's 18 months - which size should I go for?

Whilst I want something that will last more than 6 months, I dont want it to be so big he falls of and smashes his face in hmm

Many Thanks

grin

That could be a problem, the little one won't last him very long and on the big one he might just do that.

At 18m we brought ds this. We were considering a wheely bug too, but decided it was a bit pricey, and had the size problem that you have.

If you are sold on the wheely bug though I think they are quite reasonable from littlefish.

geordieminx Sat 04-Oct-08 10:25:07

Blooking marvellous have 30% so it works out as £41 for the big one, although they only have the big on in stock.

Quite good resale value on ebay...

I just cant find alocal shop that I could try him on one...

He's a bit a monster daredevil so the big one might be ok (((((hopefully)))))

nicolamumof3 Sat 04-Oct-08 11:28:43

we have a similar wooden trike Wild Things from ELC DS has played with it every single day for the last two years, he loves wizzing round on it! He now pushes DS3 on it too which is cute but scary as he's only 14m!

geordieminx Sat 04-Oct-08 18:50:20

Anyone else?

ilovemydog Sat 04-Oct-08 18:53:30

Saw a few on ebay recently.

DD loves hers

geordieminx Sat 04-Oct-08 18:54:28

What size though!!!! grin

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 04-Oct-08 18:57:12

Go for big one, definitely.

Wheelybug Sat 04-Oct-08 18:57:45

You called grin

DD loved hers - she had it from 1 and it lasted her until about 3 quite happily (the small one) so I would go for a small one unless he's really big for his age.

mrspnut Sat 04-Oct-08 18:59:49

We bought the big one for our daughter's first birthday and whilst she just pushed it around for the first few months, she is now 2.3 and whizzes up and down on it.

I've seen her on the small ones at a play barn we go to and she's nearly too big for them so we definitely made the right choice getting the bigger version.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sat 04-Oct-08 20:47:26

what is a wheely bug?

hana Sat 04-Oct-08 20:56:50

www.wheelybug.com/

selby Sat 04-Oct-08 22:52:44

We got DD a large one for her 1st birthday and she loves it. She's 20 mths now but has been sitting/riding on it since about 15 mths and she's probably more on the petite size. IMO, they'll outgrow the small one very quickly.

NotAnOtter Sat 04-Oct-08 22:56:12

i would get small

ds3 is a big 5 and still rides his big one
ds4 is tall and 2.7 still fine on his small

mrswoolf Sun 05-Oct-08 17:31:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now