Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shops that stock size 8 shoes

(32 Posts)
DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:21:04

Debenhams on oxford st only stock one pair of size eights in each style and I have flounced from them accordingly
Where do other big clod hopping lovelies buy nice shoes in London?
I also never seem to get Clarks in size 8 either.
I am after black shoes with only small ish heel but slightly fancy, not plain court style.
Can't be flat else I look like a clown and if the heel is too tall I look like a tranny. Please help.

JanH Wed 02-Mar-05 10:27:11

I have size 8s too, DD - I wear trainers mostly though!

Hush Puppies go up to a 9 - I get mine from a discount store up here (Boundary Mill, I know there is also one in the NE, dunno about London). Do they still have shops?

JanH Wed 02-Mar-05 10:29:36

London stockists

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:30:17

I havent seen hush puppies shops for a while and I was looking because I thought they did nice child shoes.
I live in trainers too but my boss doesnt seem to think they go with black pencil skirts and patterned tights - maybe she has a point.
Shall check out the site thanks.

pinkmagic1 Wed 02-Mar-05 10:31:05

I have size 8 feet and never have problems finding shoes. Most shops where I live in the midlands seem to go up to an 8. I don't know if you have a Dolcis shoe shop near you, they do stylish shoes up to a size 9.

JanH Wed 02-Mar-05 10:31:10

Evans also go up to 9 but they are wider fitting (which suits me fine!)

lunavix Wed 02-Mar-05 10:33:04

Next do.

spacedonkey Wed 02-Mar-05 10:33:08

i have size 8s too and tbh i've never had a problem finding my size anywhere - clarks shoes often come up bigger so you might fit a size 7/7.5. Generally girls are taller with bigger feet now so most shoe shops stock 8s and even 9s now ime

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:33:31

Most shops in theory stock them but then i go in and they have no availability cos the stock they buy is too small (similar to the dirth of size 14 clothes in Zara)
I always go and ask what have you got in a size eight rather than browsing as am not v lucky if i do it that way round.
I am surprised people stocking 9s shall check out dolcis.

spacedonkey Wed 02-Mar-05 10:33:51

top shop on oxford street have a good shoe dept (if you can face it)

loads of lovely shoe shops on high st ken and nowhere near as stressful ... ?

spacedonkey Wed 02-Mar-05 10:34:47

la redoute have nice shoes and boots too and without the hassle of having to go into a shop

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:35:07

I took a friend shopping for shoes in mancheser and could only find one pair of size 8s in all the department stores. I always have problems in clarks , jones and places like pied a terre
perhaps it is just bad timing on my part.

lunavix Wed 02-Mar-05 10:35:53

Next go up to size 9, and they usually stock 8s in store - at least round here ;)

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:36:52

Haven't been to topshop in oxford street in years
far too intimidating...are the shoes a good quality?

spacedonkey Wed 02-Mar-05 10:37:28

yes, they have bertie shoes in there too which are lovely

what about office? they have an online shop too

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:37:49

Next I was in yesterday (but admittedly a small branch)and had no luck (well i bought a black skirt but....)
perhaps I need the larger stores.

spacedonkey Wed 02-Mar-05 10:38:32

i was spoilt for choice for lovely size 8s last time i went into barkers on high st ken - they stock nine west, bertie - pretty extensive selection

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:38:49

no-one else has a problem I admit it is just me (but please someone tell me that finding a size 14 in Zara is like finding a winning lottery ticket)

spacedonkey Wed 02-Mar-05 10:39:43

i don't buy shoes very often unfortunately so i haven't had the same problem because when i do buy shoes i tend to get them in the sales

JanH Wed 02-Mar-05 10:40:47

Being a size 14 would be like winning the lottery for me!

JanH Wed 02-Mar-05 10:41:13

I was once....

<gazes wistfully into space>

spacedonkey Wed 02-Mar-05 10:41:30

jan

JanH Wed 02-Mar-05 10:43:20

Of course I could always get off my fat arse and do something about it!

donk, is your house finished yet? (scuse hijack DD)

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:43:42

If it makes anyone feel any better I go up to a size 18 when trying trousers in H&M and down to a size 12 when trying on tops in places like M&S

DillyDally Wed 02-Mar-05 10:44:43

hijack away me dears
am not territorial today despite raging hormones and tummy pain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now