Talk

Advanced search

What toys do your 5 year old boys love????

(13 Posts)
MilaMae Fri 03-Oct-08 22:22:18

Trying to get some inspiration!!!!!!!

SmugColditz Fri 03-Oct-08 22:23:14

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooh I bought Ds1 a metal detector today, £9.99 in Boyes

cornsilk Fri 03-Oct-08 22:23:18

well mine is 7 but still hankers after anything 'cars' related (as in the film)

brimfull Fri 03-Oct-08 22:24:09

lego

planes and cars to zoom around the room

colouring

lego

lego

swords

football

jasmeeen Fri 03-Oct-08 22:25:22

My 5 year old DS (6 in january) is mad on dinosaurs.

MilaMae Fri 03-Oct-08 22:27:53

Wow Colditz does it really detect metal???? I'd love that for 9.99 let alone the d twins!

Re Lego- which Lego anything specific or just a general box?

envy at ggirls's son liking colouring.

MilaMae Fri 03-Oct-08 22:31:55

Jas my boys have just had a bday(hence my lack of Xmas inspiration).

The Playmobil dinosaur volcano and the quad thing with a cage were big hits.The Playmobil Construction Superset(sort of a loading bay thing) has been played with non stop.

They were also lucky enough to get the ELC bug hoover-we all love it.

cece Fri 03-Oct-08 22:32:11

as below and

Transformers
Ben 10
Power Rangers

Clayhead Fri 03-Oct-08 22:33:04

Lego

Playmobil (dinosaurs & helicopter type stuff)

StayFrosty Fri 03-Oct-08 22:34:15

My nephew really likes the undersea explorer set with the giant angler fish from Early Learning, and he also loves his pirate ship as well.

selby Sat 04-Oct-08 22:57:47

Yup, another one for Lego, Transformers, Power Rangers & Playmobil. He's also begged for the last few months for the latest Batmobile.

slayerette Sat 04-Oct-08 23:03:08

My DS really likes the lego kits which build something specific rather than a tub of generic bricks (we have one of those which has barely been touched). There are so many but DS particularly likes:
Lego City
Aqua Raiders
Lego Racers - build little racing cars

and has his eye firmly on Indiana Jones Lego and Lego Agents for Christmas.

ChasingSquirrels Sat 04-Oct-08 23:06:37

lego, lego and more lego
power rangers were a 4yo phase for ds
crafty things - hama beads, badge machine, shrinkies, (but NOT paint your own mug, car, birdhouse)
games - Top Trumps, Guess Who, uno and yahtzee maybe.
lego, lego and some more lego - I would go for a set, depends on price but ds likes Agents (current obsession), Mars Mission and Exoforce.
Must get my old metal detector out for ds1, sure my mum and dad have it somewhere.
Other things he had in the last year include a telescope and a microscope (both only a couple of quid from a car boot, and probably only got a couple of quid's value out of them as yet).
Digital camera, he had my mum's old one for xmas when he was 4.3y and still uses it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now