Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Filter coffee machine - dull, I know, but anyone care to recommend their one?

(15 Posts)
TheBlonde Fri 03-Oct-08 14:11:12

Filter coffee machine - dull, I know, but anyone care to recommend their one?

modernart Fri 03-Oct-08 14:15:42

I love my DeLonghi Nespresso. You can get them for £200 on t'internet now. Expensive but easy and clean and takes all the guesswork out of the equation.

PestoMonster Fri 03-Oct-08 14:16:38

Sorry, we just use cafetieres these days. We prefer to drink it fresh, rather than have it stewing on the side. Also, much easier to clean smile

TheBlonde Fri 03-Oct-08 14:22:29

I can't let DH see that nespresso thing - he will want it and it's far too much money (I am a committed tea drinker!)

Are cafetieres really easier to clean?

forevercleaning Fri 03-Oct-08 14:24:37

i have a gaggia evolution espresso.

was around 150 quid 4 years ago, but makes a perfect coffee every time, and lovely froth too.

A lot of money i know but well worth it.

TheBlonde Sat 04-Oct-08 08:12:31

thanks, we already have an expresso machine
I just want a filter coffee one so there is a jug on the go

duckyfuzz Sat 04-Oct-08 13:50:09

we have a cuisinart one which grinds the beans too, you can set the timer for freshly ground coffee in the morning, no more hassle than a cafetiere to clean and we always drink it fresh, though it keeps warm for a fair while

pluto Sat 04-Oct-08 14:08:01

We have a Cuisinart one too, with an thermos flask / jug which is supposed to keep the coffee hot. It doesn't. First one stopped working after 6 months - tried cleaning and descaling but no joy. Had to send it back - was replaced - with equally luke warm coffee coming out of it. £100 of rubbish.

expatinscotland Sat 04-Oct-08 14:09:37

we have a bog standard DeLonghi one from Woolie's.

it's not my high-end Krups from a bygone era, but it does the job okay.

coffee not really hot, though.

Lauriefairycake Sat 04-Oct-08 14:12:28

you don't want that - it will be tasteless and shite in comparison to your expresso machine. Either top up your expresso with hot water from the kettle and have a lovely Americano or buy a cafetiere.

Filter coffee is minging, everything is now bean (or capsule) to cup. With the nespresso machine - I have had the Magimix M300 for 7 years (cost £300 back then) you can use a capsule and choose large and you get a proper mug of americano. You can buy an M300 on ebay for about £60 now.

NotCod Sat 04-Oct-08 14:13:14

cafetiere
make new when you wnat more

NotCod Sat 04-Oct-08 14:14:19

the good hting abotu a cafetiere is that id doesnt have to sit on the side or you dont haev to buy stupid posds for it

expatinscotland Sat 04-Oct-08 14:14:29

i got a Bodum cafetiere in a charity shop for a couple of quid when we were going a self-catering cottage and now use it more than the filter machine.

i find it less mess, too.

TheBlonde Sat 04-Oct-08 16:54:22

cheers, already have cafetieres

I don't care if the coffee is minging as I won't be drinking it grin

expatinscotland Sat 04-Oct-08 16:55:31

it makes lovely coffee and it's nice and hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now