Talk

Advanced search

Car seat safety and buying advice...help!

(5 Posts)
familygirl Thu 02-Oct-08 21:37:43

We need a car seat, for my daughter who is 3.5yrs, about 1m tall and just over 13kg, so my son can have her old stage 1 seat. Should I get another stage 1 car seat-at what point do these become unsafe, other than by weight? I'm thinking of getting another Britax Duo Isofix. If not which seat should I get as she needs a 5 point harness, but the multi-stage seats seem to get bad ratings in Which? don't they? Does anyone know? MrsBadger? NannyL?

familygirl Thu 02-Oct-08 22:11:59

What about the Britax Evolva 123 Ultra?

MrsBadger Thu 02-Oct-08 22:35:27

She isn;t big enough for a stage 2 yet, but it won;t be long (18kg), so a 1-3 sounds sensible.

Multi-stage seats aren;t ever as good as single-stage ones, but the Evolva 123 Ultra is still pretty good and isn't madly expensive either (have just bought one for dd after fainting at the price of the stage 1 MaxiCosis). Make sure you get the Ultra though as the side protection is better.

The Recaro Young Sport is meant to be ok too.

familygirl Sat 04-Oct-08 09:49:44

Thankyou so much-that's helpful to know. I'm gald we've made the right decision then! If she carries on the way she has so far (which I know is not in any way inevitable!)she won't reach 15kg til she's about 5 and 18kg at about 6 and half! So I'm thinking Britax Evolva 123 Ultra is the way to go...

D1974 Sun 05-Oct-08 20:51:34

Hi
Not sure if you've heard of the website www.rearfacing.co.uk but there is lots of advice about car seats on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now