Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

kids digi camera

(13 Posts)
Nappyzoneneedssleep Wed 01-Oct-08 21:29:17

After totally researching trampolines for my dd 6th bday i have decided against it and am going to get ehr a digital camera so she no longer destroys and deletes stuff from mine. Does anyone have a reomendations? Looked at the vtech and fisher price ones but viewing window looks small and the need batteries - i like idea of rechargeable like mine has. Does anyone have any recomendations for one suitabel for a 6 yr old so robust and easy also it doesnt need a net round it and i dont want her to fall off it and break her arm grin

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 02-Oct-08 12:52:25

please?

BigBadMousey Thu 02-Oct-08 22:45:25

Bumping for you

............and pointing you over here for pocket nappy advice smile

MinkyBorage Thu 02-Oct-08 22:47:57

I was going to post the same thing tonight, although my dd a bit younger than yours, so maybe could get a less sophisticated version. Will keep it bumped for you though.

katz Thu 02-Oct-08 22:48:24

if she's 6 i'd go for a normal digital camera, we have a kids one for our 3 year old and the picture quality is ok but not great, howver her 5 year old sister has a real camera, she knows she needs to be careful with it and takes fab photos.

We opted for a chunky samsung camera which we got from toysrus for around £50. We found chunkier was better for her.

horsemadgal Thu 02-Oct-08 22:56:55

I got my 4 year old a normal digital camera from eBay. Was around £10 inc post. Old model and a bit chunky but he loves it.
He wouldn't have been happy with a toy one, wanted a proper one.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 03-Oct-08 19:06:36

Hmmmm its the robustness i was concerned about as ds is bound to chuck it down the stairs as its his hobby at the moment hmm. I saw some pixar ones but they dont say how many mega pixels..........

Thanks bbm !

McDreamy Fri 03-Oct-08 19:11:21

we have the vtech one for dd (5) - it's fab!! It has a double viewing window but dd uses the small screen. She takes some really good pictures and videos. Has a couple of games, is robust - can't fault it!!! I have to put it away when her friends come round as they all fight over it!!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 03-Oct-08 19:15:35

mcdreamy how many pixels does that have then?

McDreamy Fri 03-Oct-08 19:16:10

hang on i will find out

McDreamy Fri 03-Oct-08 19:23:31

Can't find pixal no but this is what it says in the instruction manual.

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

display:
1.8” TFT colour LCD

Picture resolution:
Photo: 640x480
Movie: 160x120

Focus range:
1.5 feet -

Flash range:
3 - 6 feet

Memory:
16MB built-in memory (approximately 12MB free memory for photo/movie
storage)

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 03-Oct-08 19:25:23

do yo have to put batteries init or are they rechargeable? (i want blood )grin

McDreamy Fri 03-Oct-08 19:31:51

I use normal batteries (4xAA) don't seem to replace them very often but you can use rechargable you just can't mix them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now