Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for birthday present for seriously stressed-out DH please!

(17 Posts)
franch Tue 01-Mar-05 13:20:45

Budget around £40ish - could stretch to a wee bit more. Thinking of a voucher for the Refinery (men's pampering place), but have got him that before so if anyone can think of anything more original .....? (We're in London.)

cazzybabs Tue 01-Mar-05 13:30:21

Some very cool boys toys here

nailpolish Tue 01-Mar-05 13:30:58

what about a ticket to a football game

franch Tue 01-Mar-05 13:41:30

There's some very funny stuff on that site cazzybabs - not sure he's really a gizmo guy really though, he'd have to be convinced it was really useful! The football thing's possible np ... although I'm not sure I know enough to pick the right game!

zubb Tue 01-Mar-05 13:44:04

you might have done it before but if he's stressed out then a bit of pampering at the refinery may be just what he needs.

nailpolish Tue 01-Mar-05 13:45:59

if hes like my dh and not really a supporter of a specific team (just watches every single one) then any game would do

i think the big teams are dearer though, about £60 ticket

franch Tue 01-Mar-05 13:46:21

May well stick with that, zubb ....

franch Tue 01-Mar-05 13:47:16

He's a Spurs fan, np, but follows all the big teams - isnt it difficult to get tickets for the big matches?

nailpolish Tue 01-Mar-05 13:50:49

och maybe it is. just a nice thought, maybe too difficult to arrange. what about a boxing match? all that shouting might destress him! or horse racing, LOADS of fun, stock car racing (my personal fave) lots of mess and carcrashing to WOOOO to

would you be going too?

franch Tue 01-Mar-05 13:55:00

Hadnt thought of picking something where I could go too - depends on the thing and on the cost. Maybe I should get us some couple pampering ... just to keep him company, you understand

nailpolish Tue 01-Mar-05 13:55:42

bet he would love it if you went too

goreousgirl Tue 01-Mar-05 14:03:24

Magnetix are great stressbusters (magnetic balls and sticks you put together). Buy some lovely bubble bath and candles - get in bath with him and give him a lovely massage - and listen to all the things he's worried about without interrupting - then give him a gorgeous bottle of wine and help him drink it!!

goreousgirl Tue 01-Mar-05 14:03:25

Magnetix are great stressbusters (magnetic balls and sticks you put together). Buy some lovely bubble bath and candles - get in bath with him and give him a lovely massage - and listen to all the things he's worried about without interrupting - then give him a gorgeous bottle of wine and help him drink it!!

hatsoff Tue 01-Mar-05 14:14:37

what about 3 or 4 pink slips? (pink slip in our house means permission to go out and do whatever you like and leave the kids and housework etc for a day or evening). Didn't someone here's wonderful DH give her a calendar for Christmas with nights out etc marked?

zubb Tue 01-Mar-05 14:24:49

great idea franch - you can go and keep him company, have a facial / massage and then go somewhere great for lunch - all for him of course!

Hazellnut Wed 02-Mar-05 10:06:04

if you like the sports event thing - whsmiths do voucher packs to use to buy tickets for sports events through ticketmaster - then he can choose. Got this for dh for christmas.

franch Wed 02-Mar-05 13:37:36

Will look into that Hazel, thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: