Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Digital Radio

(10 Posts)
Earlybird Tue 01-Mar-05 12:18:58

Has anyone tried this? What's it like? Would you recommend? How much are the receivers and where do you get them?

anorak Tue 01-Mar-05 12:27:18

My village is in a little depression in the landscape and I could never pick up any radio stations before I got my digital.

Now I get perfect reception on scores of stations. My radio cost around £100 from Comets. It's a Pure. Worth every penny.

Earlybird Tue 01-Mar-05 12:34:12

Is it different stations than we get on regular radios?

sanchpanch Tue 01-Mar-05 12:34:19

my mum bought me a pure one for xmas, it is fantastic, great station on it, looks stylish and fits almost anywhere, worth every penny

sanchpanch Tue 01-Mar-05 12:35:45

yes different stations, if you look on the box it tells you what you get, i am at work at mo so cant tell you,, no local stations on it,

Clayhead Tue 01-Mar-05 12:38:03

We have had the Pure Evoke one for 2 years and it's great.

anorak Tue 01-Mar-05 12:43:23

You get most of the normal stations plus some special digital ones.

scotlou Tue 01-Mar-05 12:52:04

We used to get really poor reception on our radio alarm - but bought a "Pure Tempus" from Curry's for £ 90 and it is great!

foxinsocks Tue 01-Mar-05 12:54:59

be warned! we are in London and can receive practically no stations in the kitchen (where I want the radio to be). Apparently it's to do with the steel supports next door have put in their walls. Just make sure you can take it back to the shop and get a refund in case there's a problem with the reception.

foxinsocks Tue 01-Mar-05 12:55:32

I mean no digital radio reception. The normal AM/FM works fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now