Talk

Advanced search

pushchair repair kits- have you repaired your pushchair (the fabric not punctures!)

(8 Posts)
mabel1973 Wed 01-Oct-08 08:19:24

I have looked up pushchair repair kits on the internet and it just comes up with puncture repairs kits....not what I am looking for.

The metal bar at the back of one of the seats in my 'out n about' double buggy has broken through the seam and is now poking out of the back. The pushchair is still usable, but not particularly comfortable i imagine.

I have looked up heavy duty fabric repair and it is coming up with lots of tapes and glues that claim to provide a permanant bond, but because of where it is i am not sure it would work at the metal bar would be pushing against the seal as it was bonding. It is also very awkward to get to.
I was wondering if I would be better of with a heavy duty needle and thread.
Has anyone repaired their pushchair? what did you use?
TIA

mabel1973 Wed 01-Oct-08 10:23:24

bump

mabel1973 Wed 01-Oct-08 15:57:29

bump again? before i give up!

FabioAsGoodAsItGets Wed 01-Oct-08 15:58:31

misdee is your woman
she restores 'em

elmoandella Wed 01-Oct-08 16:27:39

the snukie people may also do seat replacement covers if you contact them. probably need to send them old ones so they can have a look at how their made and they will recover.

CarGirl Wed 01-Oct-08 16:31:38

I've done loads of small repairs. quite often use iron fabric but fabric glue and then stitching around the edge would be good? Can't quite undertand what the problem is that you have to try and help further.

mabel1973 Thu 02-Oct-08 07:48:37

Thanks.

I don't think i could use iron fabric as it is in an awkward place. i don't think I could actually remove the seat covers them selves without unstitching the entire back of the pushchair.
Bsically on the back of the seats a metal bar runs round the back in an upside down 'U" shape, it is the bottom of this that is poking through the fabric, so the bar just drops down and doesn't support the seat properly anymore.

CarGirl Thu 02-Oct-08 09:52:39

I know what you mean now. I think I would "darn" over the hole using thick cotton doubled over and then sew a patch over the top for extra support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now