Talk

Advanced search

Hugabub v Moby baby slings.....

(21 Posts)
McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 06:40:10

.....or any other recommendation! I find myself going round and round in circles!!! I just can't decide! It is for a new born and I will be breastfeeding if that makes any difference! Thankssmile

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 09:18:26

bump

littlelamb Wed 01-Oct-08 09:28:45

Close baby carrier- who I see now advrtise on this site with a 10% discount for members - worth every penny imo. Ds is now 16 weeks old and 18lb, so a hefty boy, but its still as comfortable as when I bought it for him at 5 days old. Love it

priceyp Wed 01-Oct-08 09:47:46

I have a hot sling for my daughter, she loves it and is really cosy in it. For some reason I get mixed up with hug a bubs, but they look too complicated to me so I eventually got this one. www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/pouch-baby-slings-hotslings-pouches-c-10_51_76.html

www.bigmamaslings.co.uk I had a ring sling before, but felt like it was going to slip off all the time.

You can breastfeed easily with this one too, because it's roomy and the baby can be laid sort of sideways iykwim. The only problem I have now is getting places on time, because people stop and ask about it. grin I think they're a bit rare where I live, but I used to live in Oxon and they are very common there!

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 10:59:30

Oooh I like them! My only concern is they are over one shoulder, are the ones that go over both shoulders more comfortable?

hanaflower Wed 01-Oct-08 11:01:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noolia Wed 01-Oct-08 12:05:53

I like my hugabub!

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 16:11:02

Is it easy to use noolia? I do like the look of the hot slings though smile

priceyp Wed 01-Oct-08 16:50:34

I thought that the over one shoulder thing would be an issue, but if you get one properly in proportion (ie the smallest for you) I think it fits better. I also have bushbaby front carrier that my husband prefers, but I hate their legs flapping around banging against mine when I walk. I would advise trying a few out first. The other thing I like about the sling is that I can chuck it in my changing bag. smile

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 17:19:04

Thanks for that, wear can I try them out? Are there shops that sell these kind of slings or do you order them from the internet and then send back the ones you don't want?

Oh I sound ignorant but it's been a while since I have been baby shopping and I haven't lived in the UK for 3 years!!! smile

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 17:19:49

sorry "where" can I try them out blush

priceyp Wed 01-Oct-08 17:34:18

The web shop that I linked lets you buy them and send them back if that's a help. Also had a quick look at mothercare and they have a range of slings (better than I thought to be honest). I just looked at your profile!! I'm in Cyprus!

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 17:35:00

Really! Where are you?

priceyp Wed 01-Oct-08 17:53:44

Why where are you?.......Only joking I'm at a big RAF base!

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 17:57:14

OOOh me too!!! I saw a lady this morning with a beautiful baby girl in a sling near school. Stopped and spoke briefly, I was with a friend L - was that you?

priceyp Wed 01-Oct-08 18:04:32

THAT WAS ME!!!! Thank you she is beautiful! Wow where's your bump?????

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 18:07:15

No way!!!! What a small world! You are the reason I started this thread! I came straight home and thought I am definitely going to get a sling.....but which one! grin

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 18:08:23

My bump is coming......slowly sad but it's getting there! 20 weeks tomorrow, scan on Monday!

priceyp Wed 01-Oct-08 18:13:57

OMG that's mad!! I am honoured a thread about my sling, I going to have to name change now aren't I? I think I'm the only one with one here!
Good for you tiny bump I had small one with her. If I see you tomorrow you can have a try of my sling!!

McDreamy Wed 01-Oct-08 18:16:56

Thanks! smile I leave the island in 3 weeks so you will be anonymous again - unless you get posted to Bucks in the future! grin

priceyp Wed 01-Oct-08 19:00:18

Ahhhh Bucks my ds was born there!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now