Talk

Advanced search

Re: Advice on strollers for 6 month old

(11 Posts)
poppy101 Tue 01-Mar-05 09:14:31

Bit of advice needed on getting hold of stroller. I have pushchair, pram etc. but want something like a stroller (i.e. deckchair type) to be able to take my little one on the bus etc. Can anyone recommend where the best place is to get one of these suitable for a 6 month old ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

misdee Tue 01-Mar-05 09:17:19

kiddicare.co.uk

cheaper than the high street.

i'd recommend a maclaren triumph but it does lie completely flat, just reclines slightly.

poppy101 Tue 01-Mar-05 09:21:18

Will have another look at this site. Do I need to spend a fortune on one or not ?

misdee Tue 01-Mar-05 09:23:04

how often do u use your current pram? if you walk a lot, then maybe spend a little bit more. i have worn out many buggies. i have had my triumph coming up 2years now and still going strong. cost about £70.

Kelly1978 Tue 01-Mar-05 09:24:51

I spent about £75 on a Cosatto stroller, it was worth paying bit more to get something that is lightweight and easy to push, as a stroller is going to be used for a lot longer than a heavy pram. At six months tho, u don't need to spend a fortune on one that fully reclines, as long as the seat goes back enough to sleep.
Cheap ones are often heavier and I find that they are often too low for me, as I'm rather tall.
HTHs

Bozza Tue 01-Mar-05 09:25:33

Think the Triumph is £70 in Mothercare and £63 (delivery free) on Kiddicare. Am planning on getting a Triumph for DD when I can afford to replace DS's old Daytripper. For me I want one that has a shopping basket, hood and clip on (not one of those awful ones with a frame) raincover and this fits the bill.

Bozza Tue 01-Mar-05 09:26:49

I am planning on still using the big Graco for walks and stuff from home (esp in winter it is cosier) but the Triumph for shopping etc.

misdee Tue 01-Mar-05 09:28:44

the shopping basket is hard to get to on the triumph and doesnt hold much tho.

Bozza Tue 01-Mar-05 09:52:31

Is it smaller/worse than the Daytripper? Just want somewhere to put a (small) changing bag and maybe kids summer jackets. Presume that if you overload the handles it will tip up as soon as child gets out.

Pinotmum Tue 01-Mar-05 10:01:15

I have just bough a Maclaren Quest from kiddicare - rrp is £100 but got it from them at £65.00 incl delivery - quick delivery as well within 48 hours. It has a 4 position seat. I think you can only get one colour at that price though - a pewter grey check. Look at their best sellers section. I'm v. happy with it.

Pinotmum Tue 01-Mar-05 10:04:45

Just looked at the site and it's gone up to £72.99 - I only got mine about 3 weeks ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now