Talk

Advanced search

PLAY HOUSES

(14 Posts)
geordieminx Tue 30-Sep-08 16:58:31

Thinking of getting ds a playhouse for christmas - he'll be 18 months. Unfortunatley our garden is the natural environment for mountain goats but we have a larged decked area so will go on there.

Dp thinks cheapo little tykes plastic job...although they dont actually seem to be that cheap, plus they dont have a floor in thm so might be a bit impractical.

Ideally I would like a wooden one, although dont want to spend anymore than £200 ideally, and not too big - but big enough for a toy kitchen and a chair and all the other plastic crap that has taken over the house.

Does anyone have any recommendations of places to get a reasonably priced one? Or any pearls of wisdom to share?

TIA

geordieminx Tue 30-Sep-08 21:28:18

bump

squeaver Tue 30-Sep-08 21:29:30

these are your guys

Bubbaloo Tue 30-Sep-08 23:17:34

These are also very reasonable if you fancy a Little Tikes playhouse-adventure toys

geordieminx Wed 01-Oct-08 06:58:11

thanks ladies.... still undecided re plastic v wood hmm

snickersnack Wed 01-Oct-08 07:02:55

We got a lovely wooden one about this time 2 years ago - quite a few places have sales as they think no-one in their right minds would want a playhouse in the winter. It was about £200 - possibly less. It's just like the Windsor Poppy one in the link Squeaver gave though I don't think we got it from them. Plenty of room for a toy kitchen and chair and all the other plastic crap that has taken over -the house!
Wood is a lot easier on the eye than plastic, esp in a small garden, I think.

egypt Wed 01-Oct-08 07:19:17

oh get a wooden one you know you want to

i regret not

you will forever look at plastic and shudder.

and tell your dh when the kids are grown out of it he can use it as a store shed!

geordieminx Wed 01-Oct-08 07:24:16

Yep I think wood is the way forward - I think its the fact that there would be no floor in the plastic one which would be a right PITA, plus the sun hmm would bleach it and make it look even more common snidey! wink grin

egypt Wed 01-Oct-08 07:45:31

and hot inside..............and stinky

Eddas Wed 01-Oct-08 07:58:53

gm, we've got this one

wilkinsons do one that's smaller, hold on let me find a link...........

Eddas Wed 01-Oct-08 08:00:18

wilkinsons range

geordieminx Wed 01-Oct-08 08:02:44

Thanks eddas - I remember ages ago you telling me about eandh's how she has loads of cool things inside - can you refresh my memory? grin

Eddas Wed 01-Oct-08 08:05:42

her mum made curtains. THey have a door plack saying the kids names! She also bought a kitchen to go in it I think. I know she has photos, i'll see if she'll put some on her profile for you.

My dc's playhouse has a plastic table and 2 chairs and their garden toysblush grin It does have snazzy pink carpet and a doorbelgrin they sell doorbells this time of year for kids bedrooms, I got theirs in Tesco! We also put a house number on itgrin

I have plans to make curtains, but it's getting wintery now so they'll wiatwink

squeaver Wed 01-Oct-08 12:00:14

Oh definitely go for wood.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: