Talk

Advanced search

PLAY HOUSES

(14 Posts)
geordieminx Tue 30-Sep-08 16:58:31

Thinking of getting ds a playhouse for christmas - he'll be 18 months. Unfortunatley our garden is the natural environment for mountain goats but we have a larged decked area so will go on there.

Dp thinks cheapo little tykes plastic job...although they dont actually seem to be that cheap, plus they dont have a floor in thm so might be a bit impractical.

Ideally I would like a wooden one, although dont want to spend anymore than £200 ideally, and not too big - but big enough for a toy kitchen and a chair and all the other plastic crap that has taken over the house.

Does anyone have any recommendations of places to get a reasonably priced one? Or any pearls of wisdom to share?

TIA

geordieminx Tue 30-Sep-08 21:28:18

bump

squeaver Tue 30-Sep-08 21:29:30

these are your guys

Bubbaloo Tue 30-Sep-08 23:17:34

These are also very reasonable if you fancy a Little Tikes playhouse-adventure toys

geordieminx Wed 01-Oct-08 06:58:11

thanks ladies.... still undecided re plastic v wood hmm

snickersnack Wed 01-Oct-08 07:02:55

We got a lovely wooden one about this time 2 years ago - quite a few places have sales as they think no-one in their right minds would want a playhouse in the winter. It was about £200 - possibly less. It's just like the Windsor Poppy one in the link Squeaver gave though I don't think we got it from them. Plenty of room for a toy kitchen and chair and all the other plastic crap that has taken over -the house!
Wood is a lot easier on the eye than plastic, esp in a small garden, I think.

egypt Wed 01-Oct-08 07:19:17

oh get a wooden one you know you want to

i regret not

you will forever look at plastic and shudder.

and tell your dh when the kids are grown out of it he can use it as a store shed!

geordieminx Wed 01-Oct-08 07:24:16

Yep I think wood is the way forward - I think its the fact that there would be no floor in the plastic one which would be a right PITA, plus the sun hmm would bleach it and make it look even more common snidey! wink grin

egypt Wed 01-Oct-08 07:45:31

and hot inside..............and stinky

Eddas Wed 01-Oct-08 07:58:53

gm, we've got this one

wilkinsons do one that's smaller, hold on let me find a link...........

Eddas Wed 01-Oct-08 08:00:18

wilkinsons range

geordieminx Wed 01-Oct-08 08:02:44

Thanks eddas - I remember ages ago you telling me about eandh's how she has loads of cool things inside - can you refresh my memory? grin

Eddas Wed 01-Oct-08 08:05:42

her mum made curtains. THey have a door plack saying the kids names! She also bought a kitchen to go in it I think. I know she has photos, i'll see if she'll put some on her profile for you.

My dc's playhouse has a plastic table and 2 chairs and their garden toysblush grin It does have snazzy pink carpet and a doorbelgrin they sell doorbells this time of year for kids bedrooms, I got theirs in Tesco! We also put a house number on itgrin

I have plans to make curtains, but it's getting wintery now so they'll wiatwink

squeaver Wed 01-Oct-08 12:00:14

Oh definitely go for wood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now