Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cosytoe - is there such a thing as a cheap one that doesn't slide down every time....

(14 Posts)
mybabywakesupsinging Mon 29-Sep-08 00:56:14

The one on our pushchair is very annoying becuase it slips down all the time. Ds1 always seemed to have it round his knees. I would like to get one like the nice Maclaren ones that have holes for the straps and tie on...
any thoughts?

strummer Mon 29-Sep-08 01:35:46

What you want is a cosy toes which look like leggings/a giant pair of dungarees with sealed feet.
Thats what I had with my babies, the bonus is they come up to mid chest, and you put the straps outside of the 'leggings'
I have looked but can not find any on the net, maybe another poster will know the proper name for them.

strummer Mon 29-Sep-08 01:40:29

and if it got really cold in the winter she would wear the cosy 'leggings' with the cosytoes over the top, which kept her warm, but it used to snow in the winter back in 1996

nappyaddict Mon 29-Sep-08 01:42:31

my mum was on about those the other day! i want some too.

strummer Mon 29-Sep-08 01:42:53

this is what they looked like, except mine where a sensible blue.

strummer Mon 29-Sep-08 01:45:41

second row from the bottom.
I swear you will use these and wonder what on earth possessed you to use the 'normal' style cosytoes.
I promise I will leave you alone now, (mind you I do have to go to bed as I have to get up with my 14yr old at 6am)

nappyaddict Mon 29-Sep-08 01:46:54

why are they better than the normal sort?

strummer Mon 29-Sep-08 01:51:27

because they come up higher than the normal sort so keep the back and chest warmer. Also with all the straps being on the outside, there is no chance of the leggings sagging and ending up around your babies knees as the pushchair staps are on the outside and keep the leggings in place, and there is no chance of cold air getting inside, therefor they are kept warmer.
Basically I hate having a cold back and I always thought the legging things kept you warmer. Just my opinon mind you.

nappyaddict Mon 29-Sep-08 01:57:32

ah we have one of these no chance of a cold back here!

sasamax Mon 29-Sep-08 22:29:25

I have a kaiser and it comes right up to the chest and ties on so doesn't slide down either.

strummer Mon 29-Sep-08 23:04:03

Well I am glad to see they have changed the designs of cosytoes in the last 10 years. proof positive that I talk shit. smile

mybabywakesupsinging Mon 29-Sep-08 23:52:08

now I had seen the ones with legs but stupidly never realised that meant they could have the straps on the outs

NappiesGalore Tue 30-Sep-08 00:51:43

nicest one i ever had was a p&t 'sleeping bag' thing... but that was - oooh - 3 yrs ago now. tis prob way outdated now.

nappyaddict Wed 01-Oct-08 02:24:40

they look a bit like the kaiser ones can you use them on any pushchair or just P&T ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now