Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Britax Evolva ultra........

(9 Posts)
npg1 Sun 28-Sep-08 20:00:45

Hi. My DD is 2 and her head is at the top of her car seat so thinking of buying a new one. This is one that I like, does anyone have any advice on this seat please? Thanks

IAteDavinaForDinner Sun 28-Sep-08 20:06:25

We have it for DS (14 months). It's good because the fabric's breathable (he gets sweaty on long trips in the plastic type lined ones), and it seems really comfy. Easy to get him in and out of.

It does have a sort-of-reclined setting but you have to decide on that before you fit the seat - you can't vary the position without taking it out of the car and refitting it. Having said this we put it in reclined and haven't felt the need to move it at all. It is not easy to fit so I would doubt it's ideal for moving between cars if you need to be able to do that a lot. Also check the fit before you buy as we're at full stretch with the seatbelt (Renault Laguna).

Overall really pleased with it though, secure, comfy and he likes it.

mamadiva Sun 28-Sep-08 20:26:49

My mum has these for her 3YO twins and they are fab.

Very secure comfy and large which is good for baby but not so good for car LOL.

That is the only problem really they are huge but if that's not a problem then go for them according to which? they are the best car seats for this age range and looking at them I can see why they are really padded and the head support thing is great. They are quite difficult to wash though.

But overall would defo say go for it.

npg1 Sun 28-Sep-08 20:49:19

Is this the best one then according to which? I went to halfords last week and they said she was too small for this one even though it says from 9 months. She is 2 and weighs 10kg. Its either this one or a recarro one.

sazm Sun 28-Sep-08 20:56:30

we have an evolva for our 2yo as we had the same problem and love it.
the only problem i found was it is quite tricky to fit - in our car anyway as it uses the full length of seat belt,its tricky to fit it without twisting the straps.but once fitted it is VERY secure,and lo is very comfy in it.
we also had the same debate between this and the recaro, we had a 9m-4y recaro seat for our ds and it broke,and what a bother we had getting recaro to sort it,even though it was only 8/9months old(they guarantee their seats for 2 yrs)it also didnt do as well in the safety tests as i expected it to considering the price(£179.99)

npg1 Sun 28-Sep-08 21:14:10

Ok thanks. When you say it uses the full lenght of seat belt, what do you mean?

Also does your LO head flop forward when asleep and in the recline position?

Have you got the one with adjustable side wings and is it worth the extra money as my DD very small but tall.

MrsBadger Sun 28-Sep-08 21:39:58

In contrast to Davina I found it v easy to fit but a utter pain to get dd in and out of.

The angle of the recline depends on the rake of your car seats and (as I discovered) how you put the child in it - if I shove dd's bottom right back so she's sitting v upright when awake then she does slump forward if she drops off, but if I let her slump a bit when I strap her in she'll fall sideways onto teh headrest.

sazm Mon 29-Sep-08 22:06:24

when fitting the seat to the car it takes the whole length of the cars seatbelt to fit the seat because of the way it threads through the seat(have a look on the britax website and it shows the fitting guide)
in my car i have to tighten the seatbelt by putting my weight on the child seat so i can clip in the seatbelt.

i use it in recline position for my 2yo and her head has never flopped forward.
i have an evolva ultra and i dont think the side-wings make that much difference,mainly when your lo is older i think,they will have more room.

D1974 Sun 05-Oct-08 21:04:21

Hi
Have you seen the website www.rearfacing.co.uk for lots of information about keeping your child rearward facing till at least the age of 4? Just a thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now