Talk

Advanced search

skip hop bag - help which one?

(18 Posts)
mum2GKH Sat 27-Sep-08 22:06:01

I am looking to get a skip hop bag but have no idea which one. They seem to do so many styles and colours, I'm completely lost. Any advice would be great. I want a skip hop because they clip on the buggy easily. And does anyone know where the best place to get one is and the cheapest, they are so expensive on mothercare.com
Sorry - don't want much do I? blush

ivykaty44 Sun 28-Sep-08 13:43:00

try here

meep Sun 28-Sep-08 13:45:36

I had the Duo in brown cord - so that my dh would carry it too. Worked pretty well.

Now have a big leather bag with one of these in it: here - I think you can get a Skip Hop version!

TheBlonde Sun 28-Sep-08 13:52:54

www.happybags.co.uk/
I have the Dash
Didn't like the Duo as I thought the rain might get in the top

mum2GKH Sun 28-Sep-08 21:18:03

liked the sound of a cord one so had a hunt around and found them here with 50% off. Bit torn whether to spend a bit more and get a dash though

loveshopping Tue 30-Sep-08 23:23:59

I have bought from that daisy company and have recommended it to many friends, great prices and quick delivery.

jimbotri Wed 01-Oct-08 21:49:44

you could try here also

AnybodyHomeMcFly Wed 01-Oct-08 21:55:24

We love our camoflage Duo and use it every single day. It has now lasted for 20 months and will do us for DC2 (due Apr) too.

You can get loads in it and the little change mat at the back is great.

Is the only difference with the Dash that you get a flap? If so, not worth the extra imo as the bag sits well down on the pram anyway so is kind of shielded from most rain. Also the Duo velcros together at the top so it's not wide open.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Wed 01-Oct-08 22:48:07

Camouflage

harrietf Thu 02-Oct-08 17:14:16

we bought ours from www.funkymoose.co.uk it was amazing - we ordered it at 4pm on tuesday afternoon and it arrived on wednesday morning. After some deliberation (!) we went for the dash deluxe in ocean stripe. thought that the flap on the bag was a good idea and the dimensions meant it would fit on the back of our pushchair better. also thought the colour was lovely. we had a discount code to use which gave us 5% off - and they do free delivery over £40. a friend recommended funky moose to me and gave me the voucher code to use so anyone can use it - the code is FMHT0809 and you just pop it in at checkout

elmoandella Thu 02-Oct-08 17:52:35

i got a samsonite one also have the bits that attach to prams.

you get them at great bargains in tkmaxx constantly. different shapes/sizes.

mum2GKH Thu 02-Oct-08 18:10:02

The samsonite ones sounds nice, might have to have a look at that one too. Do you know if you can get them online? Had a look at funkymoose but they are so expensive even with 5% discount.

mum2GKH Thu 02-Oct-08 18:18:17

ps elmoandella - love your new wheels (read on pushchair chat )

elmoandella Thu 02-Oct-08 18:23:18

i got a fantastic black one. decent size. has choice of pram bits/shoulder or backpack. and the material is unbelievable. you can spill anything on it and it just falls off. you dont even have to wipe. but it just feels like normal synthetic material.

my friends loved it so much that 3 of them went to same tkmaxx and took the rest.

it £54.99 reduced to 14.99. i remember because it was such abargain.

missblythe Thu 02-Oct-08 18:24:19

I found the Duo v annoying, as there is no proper snap/zip to close it, just a bit of Velcro.

Everything seemed to get wet, or always be falling out, and while DD was rear-facing in the pram she used to help herself to everything that was in there and empty it out into the road!

I did love the way it clipped onto the pram, though, so would probably get the Dash if I needed a new one.

elmoandella Thu 02-Oct-08 18:24:23

p.s i am in love with my MB. thinking of marrying it. i even went out in the pissing rain today as i preferred that to wrestling 2 kids into car seat with soaking myself and kids to go get milk.

mum2GKH Thu 02-Oct-08 22:49:26

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Travel-Backpack-Changing-Bag/dp/B001E22Q46

is this like the one you got?

loveshopping Mon 06-Oct-08 21:39:24

backpacks are here daisy-may.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now