Talk

Advanced search

are balance bikes any good??

(6 Posts)
Nemoandthefishes Sat 27-Sep-08 16:17:05

DD1 is asking for a dora bike for christmas so we were discussing what to get for dd2 who will be 2 a couple of weeks after christmas and I suggested a balance bike but dh isnt so sure...so do toddlers actually like them?
Also can you get them any cheaper than £50?

RubyRioja Sat 27-Sep-08 16:18:36

My dd is now doing v well on hers. Tis wooden so light to carry when she gets fed up. Has replaced our buggy largely

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 27-Sep-08 16:19:51

i love likabikes

Nemoandthefishes Sat 27-Sep-08 16:26:00

are they any good for a small 2yr old??

helpmaboab Sat 27-Sep-08 16:26:21

Think Tesco direct have wooden ones for £50 and aluminium ones for £35 (with adjustable seat and handlebars)

fruitful Sat 27-Sep-08 18:19:22

Ds1 does well on his. He is 3.5. He is not very co-ordinated - he can't do a scooter, and can't peddle his trike, so I doubt he would peddle a bike with stabilizers. But he shoots along on his balance bike.

He is starting to take his feet off the ground and coast along - so really balancing properly. I am hopeful that we will be able to skip the stabilizers when we do get him a 'proper' bike.

Nemo I think you need to check how high the saddle is on the one you buy - they really need to be able to sit on it with their feet flat on the floor. It took ds1 a while to get going (fast) on his bike because he just wasn't tall enough. He is tiny though.

They have a load on tv deals for £30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now