Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Small Toy Recommendation for Travel

(9 Posts)
Chuffed Mon 28-Feb-05 11:30:48

dd will be 1yr when we do 10days backpacking through Turkey and we are being very minimal with our packing but want to get one interactive type toy to take with us but it has to be small.
ELC do a mobile telephone with a few buttons for £8 which I have been thinking about but I thought that everyone might have a few other ideas. She has a v-tech walker and just loves the buttons on it. My worry with the telephone is that it is from 6mths and she might find it a bit boring.
Thanks in advance.

Chuffed Mon 28-Feb-05 21:40:41

Anyone tried the fisher price fun and learning phone - if so where did you get it. It looks pretty great but is twice the price when you have to order it online.

Yorkiegirl Mon 28-Feb-05 21:44:12

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Mon 28-Feb-05 21:45:49

Message withdrawn

Chuffed Tue 01-Mar-05 09:25:42

Cool that looks like it has a bit more on it than the ELC one and is cheaper than the fisher price one. Like the sound of the volume control too.

Fennel Tue 01-Mar-05 09:30:28

chuffed we have the ELC one and it's not that exciting (unless they've totally revamped it lately) - it's ok but doesn't keep them interested for very long.

bensmum3 Tue 01-Mar-05 20:10:38

One of the best small toys I used whilst travelling, was a small board thing you can draw on with the attached pencil (so it doesn't get lost) and can then wipe off again, ELC do a very similar thing in 2 sizes, dd used to sit for ages watching me draw, then sit" drawing" her own masterpiece.

Fennel Tue 01-Mar-05 20:15:03

one thing we did while backpacking with a 10 monther was to buy a toy or 2 from a charity shop every few days and donate back the previous ones. not sure if that would work in turkey though but you could just expect to buy a few very cheap toys every few days.

hatsoff Tue 01-Mar-05 20:23:06

what about stacking cups - they'll hardly take up any space. Mine have spent hours doing all manner of things with them, including putting stuff in and taking it out. putting it in, taking it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now