Talk

Advanced search

White noise or nature sounds machine - anyone have one?

(9 Posts)
IlanaK Fri 26-Sep-08 19:52:31

We are currently using a loud fan on a high setting as a sort of white noise machine as we live in central london and it is noisy ruond the clock. It works really well, but it is cold now!

A friend has a water fountain thing in her son's room for the same reason - lovely, but not practical for me. Another friend I saw today has a nature sounds machine which I heard briefly while her son napped and it seemed nice.

So, does anyone have one of these or something that does white noise? Can you reommend it?

IlanaK Fri 26-Sep-08 20:34:01

no-one has one?

MegBusset Fri 26-Sep-08 20:36:44

I have got one, it's great -- can't remember the brand (and it's in the bedroom where DS is asleep) but will have a quick look online to see if I can find it...

MegBusset Fri 26-Sep-08 20:38:33

This is the one we've got. It has about half a dozen sounds including waves and a heartbeat. We used the wave sound when DS was smaller and now he just has the little green light as a nightlight.

LilRedWG Fri 26-Sep-08 20:40:03

I have one. I've never used it for DD but I use it occasionally.

IlanaK Fri 26-Sep-08 20:44:38

Thanks megbusset. It says that is had an auto timer. Can you tell me if it also just has an "on" function? I mean, I would not want it to turn off, but stay on all night. Can it do that? That one got a bad review, but then it is just the one review. What do you think of this one? www.amazon.co.uk/NATURECARE-SOUNDS-MACHINE-110-NATURALLY/dp/B00140W5IU/ref=pd_cp_b_1?pf_rd_p=2125226 91&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0009Y2E42&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1M9WQK2AA9HNVQ2YR 2YT

MegBusset Fri 26-Sep-08 21:01:18

The bad review was evidently from someone who had a faulty model -- we've had no problems with ours. You can leave it on constantly, we used to have it on all night for DS.

IlanaK Fri 26-Sep-08 21:17:04

Thanks megbusset. What sounds did you have it on for your dd? Was it just white noise, or an actual sound? And did you find it loud enough?

MegBusset Sat 27-Sep-08 19:12:51

Sorry, forgot about this thread! We used to have it on the waves noise -- it's an actual sound of waves crashing. No problems with the volume, in fact we had it on very low as it sounds very loud in a quiet bedroom at night!

Why don't you order one online and see if you like it -- under the Distance Selling Regulations you can return it within 7 days and get a full refund (as long as in the original packaging etc) for any reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now