Talk

Advanced search

Cars cars cars cars cars-want a new car after xmas

(9 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Fri 26-Sep-08 10:40:14

Need a car suitable for me and dd, much much much motorway driving, something that can handle bike racks, tents, general camping stuff, windbreakers, beach stuff, possible body boards/surfboards when she is a bit older (will be keeping for at least 5 years), horse gear and will be pretty easy to drive. Oh, and must be a diesel due to much motorway driving.And cheap on insurance as I only passed my test this year. And I want space. I really want a volvo or a fiat multipla, but I don't really need that much room, but I really want that much room! I don't want to spend more than £5k, should be able to get £1500 for mine on part ex, or £2k through the autotrader. Gleams of wisdom please grin

Pawslikepaddington Fri 26-Sep-08 12:24:41

C'mon, PLEASE! Even if you hate yours, tell me which ones to avoid. P.S. does anyone have a Skoda Roomster?

EvelynsDad Fri 26-Sep-08 19:04:13

I don't have a Roomster, I have an Octavia. It's reasonable, drives OK, a few niggles. The Mk1 has a huge boot, but is particularly short on legroom in the back.

Pawslikepaddington Fri 26-Sep-08 20:34:23

Thank you-my boot is tiny-it doesn't even fit a buggy, so anything is an improvement on that grin

WendyWeber Fri 26-Sep-08 20:36:18

Citroen Berlingo might do you...

mckenzie Fri 26-Sep-08 20:38:00

please e mail letters@honestjohn.co.uk with all that information and any more that you can think of. He is the motoring correspondent for the Saturday Telegraph. You'll get a reply by the end of the weekend for sure and he'll have some good ideas.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 26-Sep-08 20:38:09

how about an astra estate - boot space is huge - i odnt have one but loaned one and was so pleased with the boot lol

EachPeachPearMum Fri 26-Sep-08 20:38:37

Roomster seems great (I have a fabia) but they do look a little hearse-like in rl. blush

Pawslikepaddington Sat 27-Sep-08 00:02:06

Brillo to all of you-you are all GREAT! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now