Talk

Advanced search

I think I need a big keepsake box

(6 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 25-Sep-08 21:19:41

I have such a collection now of paperweights, mothers day cards, pre-school creations etc that I cannot possibly display then all but nor do I feel like putting them in the rubbish bin. I think I'd like to have two keepsake boxes (one for each DC) that can be kept in the loft and added to at will. They'll need to be quite large I guess. Has anyone any suggestions as to what would work as a keepsake box please that isn't hideously expensive?

TIA

AbbeyA Fri 26-Sep-08 08:06:51

I just have a normal cardboard box. I expect you could cover it with some pretty wrapping paper if you wanted it to look special.

mckenzie Fri 26-Sep-08 08:28:18

thanks AbbeyA. Will the cardboard stand the test of time do you think?

AbbeyA Fri 26-Sep-08 08:41:14

I have got quite sturdy ones that DH got from work, they were flat but make up with lids and handles. You could just buy plastic storage boxes (stick some transfers on if you want to brighten them up).

hazeyjane Fri 26-Sep-08 08:52:14

Have you got an auction house near you? We picked up a lovely big wooden box for a few quid at ours, which is sat in dc's room half decorated! I've also started looking out for old suitcases, which seem to go quite cheaply, and look nice stacked up. I guess e-bay might be a good place to look.

mckenzie Sat 27-Sep-08 08:02:24

thanks girls. Happened to be at my friends house for coffee, mentioned my search for keepsake box and she produced two fantastic sturdy cardboard style boxes (that she had finished with) with solid lids that the children are going to decorate/paint. Perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now