Talk

Advanced search

Want a super quiet and good at cleaning dishwasher any recommendations?

(17 Posts)
CountessDracula Sun 27-Feb-05 20:05:22

Mine has blown up today

Still means i can get nice new one

Currently have a Bosch which was vg on the cleaning front, would like something a little more stylish looking if poss but very quiet. PILs had one that had a separate rack at the top for cutlery which seemed like a good idea, but it didn't wash very well.

Any ideas?

CountessDracula Sun 27-Feb-05 20:06:16

oh and not stainless steel unless they have miraculously invented ss which doesn't show fingermarks (my cooker doesn't seem to but is not a vast expanse of ss iykwim)

MrsDoolittle Sun 27-Feb-05 20:08:08

Meile. German made and the best IMHO

SecondhandRose Sun 27-Feb-05 20:08:57

Sorry to intrude but does anyone have a Beko slimline and are they any good?

Cristina7 Sun 27-Feb-05 20:09:01

Ours is a slimline Bosch and has been working well these past 6 years. The fact it's slimline also means it gets filled up and used every day. It's the only one we've had, so I don't know how it compares with others.

CountessDracula Sun 27-Feb-05 20:09:21

Can you recommend a specific model?

CountessDracula Sun 27-Feb-05 20:10:14

Really want a Fisher Paykel drawer one but they are seriously pricey

Stilltrue Sun 27-Feb-05 20:15:53

Miele. Had a quiet one in our old house and inherieted an even quieter one when we moved. Virtually silent; we have a kitchen diner and you wouldn't know it wason when you are sitting in the same room. our top rack for cutlery works very well.

juniperdewdrop Sun 27-Feb-05 20:19:05

another vote for bosch slimline. Ours is quiet and only time I notice a noise is when it's finished.

bellababe Sun 27-Feb-05 20:26:59

ours is bosch and practically silent. It bleeps to let you know it's finished. Cleans well too.

ChicPea Sun 27-Feb-05 20:58:55

I think I have the same Miele as Stilltrue as ours also has a top shelf for the cutlery. It is soooo silent I have to put my ear up against the door to make sure it is on!!!

soapbox Sun 27-Feb-05 21:01:34

Mielle too - agree with the silence thing and the dishwasher rack on top means you can get a few more things in the bottom where the cutlery would normally go.

IIRC ours is the 286????? model. Fully integrated extra height one????

hermykne Sun 27-Feb-05 21:02:51

mine is on at the moment and this thread has made me want to throw it out, i am in the study and its in the kitchen, obviously, and i can hear the dam* thing.
dh is always complaining about it, now i know why

Anteater Sun 27-Feb-05 23:39:50

AEG OKO 8081, prize winning silent dishwasher.

goreousgirl Mon 28-Feb-05 00:23:13

My friend has a Bosch (I think) - it's so silent, they can't tell when it's on - but when it's finished the beeping wakes them up at night - doh!! Ours is a noisy, soothing Stoves dishwasher - which doesn't clean things very well - so don't get that one!!

maria1966 Mon 28-Feb-05 01:26:19

Miele is fab.Cutlery drawer at top is brilliant and safer with children about,no cutlery sticking upwards.My model is the G646SC PLUS and has a childproof safety lock( Essential)

CountessDracula Mon 28-Feb-05 19:24:49

Bought a Miele today one with cutlery drawer, is delivered and in! Now frantically cooking to try and make enough washing up to use it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now