Talk

Advanced search

Back Carriers and Sicky Babies

(6 Posts)
Egg Thu 25-Sep-08 13:26:31

I am reaching the point where DD (8.5 months) is finally getting too heavy for Baby Bjorn and am thinking of switching to back carrier for her (also means I can put DS2 in there instead as he never gets to go in front sling as been too heavy for ages).

Have done some research and seems Ergo is a good buy, but both babies are quite sicky and I am picturing myself with sick down back of neck / in hair etc.

Is this just me worrying over nothing (they are sick about 10 times a day or more each, although usually only small amounts) or is it a bad idea?

MuffinMclay Thu 25-Sep-08 14:11:26

Ds1 was a sicky baby (reflux) and yes, was sick a lot into the backpack. It was a Vaude one. Dont think I ever got it on my neck or hair though.

I'm impressed you've got to 8.5 months with a Baby Bjorn. I found it too heavy by 12 weeks.blush

Egg Thu 25-Sep-08 14:14:37

I have a weeny baby (not quite 14lbs yet) grin. She is very portable!

So was it easy to clean or a nightmare?

Miyazaki Thu 25-Sep-08 14:16:16

Ergo is washable in machine, came up lovely as my mum would have said, if that helps...

belgo Thu 25-Sep-08 14:16:56

the ergo is quite easy to wipe clean. Hopefully now she will be growing out of the sicky phase.

My dd2 is very light and I carried her on my back in an ergo until she was two and a half, and only stopped because I was three months pregnant.

Egg Thu 25-Sep-08 14:32:06

Ah no the sicky phase is getting worse at the mo Belgo. Esp as it is now "real" food rather than just milk.

Thanks for advice re washing Ergo. Looks like it could be a good option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now