Talk

Advanced search

Christmas presents for a 4 year old girl?

(11 Posts)
firstmum45 Thu 25-Sep-08 11:42:45

I know it's early but not got a clue what to buy for dd for christmas this year she will be 4 in December.

She already has a bike, a dolls house and a play kitchen. She is not swayed by tv advertising yet (thank god)but just can't get my brain in gear.

Can you guess she is an only child so no influence from siblings.

Might get her an easel for painting etc.

Thought a more sophisticated lap top than her Dora one this is good but she has outgrown it.

Is the leapster2 worth considering.

Is there anything else she might enjoy based on what your 4 year olds have enjoyed and played with? Thanks all

notnowbernard Thu 25-Sep-08 11:45:25

My 4y old dd is into My Little Pony

Anything artistic

Playing Drs and nurses

Board games

Dollies

And can sit and enjoy a film now so will get a DVD or 2

Poledra Thu 25-Sep-08 11:45:38

My 4yo loves her playmobile stuff (she has lots of the farm set) and makes up complicated stories with it for hours. We also have an easel for painting, as I find it stops the smudging-the-painting-with-the-sleeve disasters.

firstmum45 Thu 25-Sep-08 11:50:23

Thanks for your ideas ladies.
Please keep em coming.

Not considered board games this sounds good what does your dd play nnb?

My dd has played with drs and nurses outfit at toddler group so another good idea.

Thanks

notnowbernard Thu 25-Sep-08 11:52:04

Simple ones really

Snakes and Ladders, Matching Pairs... Orchard board games are good

Poledra Thu 25-Sep-08 11:53:24

Oooh yes, board games. MIL gets fab ones from Orchard toys, have a look at their website here. Their jigsaw puzzles are good too, and dd1 loves puzzles.

Poledra Thu 25-Sep-08 11:53:55

cross-post, NNB grin

firstmum45 Thu 25-Sep-08 12:02:10

Thanks Orchard site has lots of great stuff my dd would enjoy.

Like to order on line for most of my pressies too but always complete by del by end of Nov to avoid Christmas rush. Not as organised with everything else grin just makes it easier than shoping with a small child.

notnowbernard Thu 25-Sep-08 12:02:43

We have Insey Winsey Spider and Shopping List

Both quite simple and easy for a younger child

I am SO happy now dd can do this sort of thing. I find it easier playing games as opposed to feeding and changing Baby Annabel endlessly...

amazonianwoman Thu 25-Sep-08 13:24:53

Another vote for Playmobil and Orchard games.

Aquabeads are a great hit too

Twirl Thu 25-Sep-08 15:23:48

My DD (4.5) loves craft stuff (makes endless necklaces with beads), her Leappad, Disney princess magic wand laptop, Sylvanian Family stuff, My Little Pony Ponyville stuff (the tiny, tiny ponies), Lego, giant floor puzzles. She also loves games and I highly recommend My First Uno, Cranium's Hullabaloo, Cranium's Cariboo, Snakes and Ladders, Candy Land, Trouble, Elefun.
The Orchard Games look fab so I'm off to do a bit of Christmas shopping myself!
I also wondered about the Leapster? Has anyone got one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now