Talk

Advanced search

Out and About Nipper Double- Pros and cons?

(13 Posts)
MrsBick Wed 24-Sep-08 21:27:24

Hi there,

following on from pgwithno3's P&T thread, it's got me thinking about the out and about nipper double.

DC2 due in feb and there will be 16mths between them so my DS will be too small to walk everywhere.

What are the pros and cons of this pram?

thanks all. xx

MrsBick Wed 24-Sep-08 21:38:53

bump

SharkyandGeorge Wed 24-Sep-08 21:42:00

I have one for an 18 month age gap. I like mine, is amazingly easy to push, have not had any problems getting around shops and stuff either.

I have also had a Phil and Teds, a Jane Powertwin and a Cosatto Duet Lite. This was (is) by far the best choice for me out of all of those.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know about it?

cktwo Wed 24-Sep-08 21:44:09

I love mine! There's 23 months between my two and we've been everywhere with it. It's eally robust but quite light too. It's not a buggy for going round town in, but great for walking.

We're getting rid of ours now because we find that with the colder weather our two DDs cannot fit in comfortably with jumpers and coats on. That said, its done us nearly two years and its a little old and battered now but still a great pushchair. We're going to sell it if you're interested wink wink??

MrsBick Wed 24-Sep-08 21:55:44

Just wanted to know about ease of manouverability (sp?) and getting it in a ford mondeo boot? is it comfy for the LOs?

cktwo- how much were you thinking and when? my DC2 is due in feb, but if it's a good price i could prob persuade dh to buy one a bit early wink

SharkyandGeorge Wed 24-Sep-08 22:06:50

It is very manoeuvrable, I can (honestly) steer mine with a few fingers when pushing it with a 2 year old and 6 month old. Can get round shops ok and fit in lifts etc too.

Mine fits into a Seat Ibiza boot (smallish hatchback) I do have to have the parcel shelf out as it stands upright.

My 2 are comfy in it, the seats are bit reclined but my 2 year old seems happy to be in it

MrsBick Wed 24-Sep-08 22:10:00

sounds good!
does it go flat for newborn? tip to the side with heavier child?

sorry if i'm bugging you with all my questions!!

SharkyandGeorge Wed 24-Sep-08 22:21:21

Yes lies completely flat for newborn, you can also buy a newborn insert for them as well to keep them secure.

Doesn't tip at all for the different weights, is amazingly easy to push with my two in, can easily push them both along one handed, if your on a flat surface it mainly pushes it self you just have to walk behind and hold the handle.

Is very sturdy but also light, when I had my P and T I remember bumping it down somesteps with both babies in and honestly it felt like it would fall apart. I love my Nipper, would def recommend.

Only problem is not many places stock them so i brought mine off ebay having never seen on in the flesh before. very glad I did though.

MrsBick Wed 24-Sep-08 22:28:26

thanks so much for your advice.
i'm very keen on it- gonna have a try at mothercare i think.
thanks again.

MrsCurly Wed 24-Sep-08 22:33:07

If you are near Glasgow you can have mine. I never wanted a double but was so glad I got mine. It is terrific - so easy to push. But my girls are 2.5 and 5 now and am looking to get rid.

MrsBick Wed 24-Sep-08 22:37:49

thanks mrsc- but i'm the other end of the country in surrey! tis a shame.thanks anyway. smile

MrsBick Wed 24-Sep-08 22:38:17

BTW sharky & george- fab name. i used to watch it when i was little.

Twirl Thu 25-Sep-08 16:38:05

I have the Nipper too and it is superb. I have a 26 month gap between mine and my 4.5 year old still squeezes into it for very long walks. It is very light, easy to push and steer and fits through shop doorways. I would definitely buy it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now