Talk

Advanced search

8 foot trampolines...at what age to kids outgrow these??

(17 Posts)
tassisssss Wed 24-Sep-08 20:37:53

Wondering if we should wait and get a bigger one, but we're skint.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Wed 24-Sep-08 20:38:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Wed 24-Sep-08 20:40:06

I go on our 8ft one.

pinkbubbleGUM Wed 24-Sep-08 20:40:38

Well, we have a 10 ft trampoline. all 3 DDs go on it, mostly at different times, but sometimes altogether.
Eldest DD is nearly 15. She is not too big for it.

Sorry not much help as you have asked for info on 8ft. But they do love it so much. we have had it now for 3 yrs.

undercovercat Wed 24-Sep-08 20:42:57

I got my two a 10ft upgrade from an 8ft when they were 10 and 7.
I got a 10ft one with enclosure for £99 from a diy store. Not b n q or homebase or wickes...the other one!

Nemoandthefishes Wed 24-Sep-08 20:43:47

we have 8ft one and our trio are only young but it fits all 3 of them plus my 2 sisters[22 and 24] on

tassisssss Wed 24-Sep-08 20:51:22

undercovercat - focus diy?? I was looking at that one, but didn't like the way the enclosure seemed to be on the inside. Does this not make the play space a whole lot smaller? When my wee ones play on their cousins trampoline they regularly sit on the padded sides for a rest or to take turns or they run round the edge bit...

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Hulababy Wed 24-Sep-08 21:05:03

DD is 6y and has a 7.5 foot trampoline and it is fine. We can't fit any bigger in our garden, and his was a good price.

D can go on this, with enclosure up, with a couple of friends ata time.

I am 5 foot and I fit eaily on DD's trampoline - big enough for me to bounce and attempt a seat drop.

Weight limit on ours is about 14 stone.

undercovercat Wed 24-Sep-08 21:06:27

Well my 8ft was an outwards enclosure and the focus one, as you say doesnt have this. It just means they dont sit on the outskirts, that all, and noone has moaned about it, or even noticed

tassisssss Wed 24-Sep-08 22:04:52

Good to hear from you all!

undercovercat, that's really helpful, thanks. I'm between the 8foot B&Q one and the 10 foot focus one, so your perspective is really helpful. You'd say the 10foot one is better than the 8 despite the lack of edge bit?

undercovercat Thu 25-Sep-08 09:49:11

They certainly have more room on the 10ft one, despite the net, yeah

tassisssss Thu 25-Sep-08 13:02:25

thanks ucc

any other opinions?

hairycaterpillar Thu 25-Sep-08 13:13:59

Personally I think if you've 3DC then when they get bigger there will be alot more of "one at a time" rule because less space so more likely to bump into each other and end in tears. So bigger means easier to have more than one on at a time (although in theory according to safety rules should only be one on at a time!). When we were looking lots of people said get as big as you can afford and fits best in your garden.

Our trampoline has net on the inside which if i remember when we looked at trampolines is theoretically meant to be safer (now we have one I've no idea why this should be!). Mine don't care the mat is on the ouside of the net...in fact Ds1 and DD like it as they like to crawl round it.

n5rje Thu 25-Sep-08 13:19:42

Agree with Malory, get as big as you have the space for. We got the 14ft without actually having any idea exactly how enormous it would be, luckily we have plenty of space, but its fantastic, there are regulary 6 kids on it and it goes up to 100kg so perfect for grown ups to.

tassisssss Thu 25-Sep-08 13:37:24

hmm, crawling round the outside isn't exactly selling the idea to me!!

I don't think we can afford to go bigger so we either leave it for now or decide between the 8 foot B&Q one or the 10foot focus one with net inside...

OrmIrian Thu 25-Sep-08 13:40:55

We have an 8ft one. So far all mine use it (5, 9 and 11) with varying numbers of their friends hmm. So do I. We don't have room for anything bigger anyway.

georgiemum Thu 25-Sep-08 13:47:31

never!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now