Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used/made a podaegi?

(18 Posts)
charchargabor Tue 23-Sep-08 23:20:05

I absolutely desperately want one of these , I love the look of them. Have seen a pattern on the internet to make one but I am struggling to understand the instructions as I am not an expert sewer! Plus would like some info from someone who has used one first in case it's not that great. TIA.

WilfSell Tue 23-Sep-08 23:26:07

A what? I guess the answer is probably no!

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 23:30:31

lol this is on another formum I am on atm., someone there just made one and it's beautiful.

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 23:32:29

apparently they're pretty easy to make, if you are good at making stuff lol

charchargabor Tue 23-Sep-08 23:39:06

WilfSell, it's a baby carrier that looks like this. thisisyesterday, I was looking at these instructions but I can't seem to make sense of them! Do you think it would work with DD? She's 21 pounds.

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 23:44:49

you can make a narrow one, which the person I know has done.
more like the ones in the first link rather than a wide wrap arouind one.

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 23:45:43

and she did slanting straps rather than having them straight across becaus eit makes it easier to tie over your shoulders. the straight across ones are traditionally worn under armpits.

hang on baby awake, will try and find instructions in a min!

charchargabor Tue 23-Sep-08 23:47:44

I would prefer the narrow one. Did the person on your forum give measurements or will I need to work it out? Can't really afford it atm but can plan for it in the future.

charchargabor Tue 23-Sep-08 23:50:18

thankyou!

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 23:52:45

yeah she said she made the "blanket" bit about 20" across. then just judged the angle of the straps by her other slings.

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 23:53:19

apparently there is lots of pod-making going on on thebabywearer site atm, so might be worth looking there!

charchargabor Wed 24-Sep-08 00:02:10

thanks for that, I'm browsing now. Would love to make one with a really pretty panel picture on it, but can't find any nice fabrics on the internet. Will have to keep looking! smile

AccidentalMum Wed 24-Sep-08 19:33:46

Hi.
Any Mei Tai pattern can be adapted, just don't do the waist strap and make the 'body' longer. Any inner layer for stability can be stopped about 6inches down. Sleeping Baby Productions have the best tutorials. If you would like to buy, Zidee Pods by Tiddlybums are to die for.

charchargabor Wed 24-Sep-08 20:06:43

SO you could just do two layers like a MT with a bit in the middle for stability? I could do that! At the very least MIL could do that. Can't guarantee my sewing skills. Love the Zidee Pods but £50 is out of my price range atm. Wish I knew someone who had one to try out, but I'm the only person I know locally who uses slings. Apart from the friends I advised to buy slings smile If I used a MT pattern would I need to make the body wider do you think, or just the same. I would prefer a narrow rather than wide one.

pixie1115 Tue 14-Jul-09 22:19:28

Hi,
I'm desperately looking to buy a podaegi in the UK as Ellaroo has stopped making them and the creative designer for Tiddlybums is off on maternity leave until further notice. Would anyone be able to refer someone who makes them here in the UK?

Thanks so much!!

CMOTdibbler Tue 14-Jul-09 22:22:08

Chrysalis do lovely pods

CMOTdibbler Tue 14-Jul-09 22:29:30

Dang, just seen that they aren't open at the moment.

You might want to put an ISO on the Yahoo UKBabywearingswap group if you don't want to buy direct from the US

misdee Tue 14-Jul-09 22:31:20

if flames are your thang

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now