Talk

Advanced search

new car seat for our three year old. money is an object.

(9 Posts)
justaflyingvisit Tue 23-Sep-08 20:19:45

Our DD is three, but grown out of her car seat and obviously uncomfortable. She fits the next stage - age four - eleven. So, off i go to TKMax on the recommendation of a friend to find nothing much at all, so off to halfords. Looked at a Graco one for about £45, seemed OK, but i wasn't sure. Didn't really look at the more expensive ones. Then, went off to mothercare with the firm thought in mind, "don't spend shed loads of money you can't afford, all they do is bring the child up to the right height for the seat belt". I was quite shock at how hard the seats were, and well, plasticky. Have seen a silver cross navigator but it is £100, a lot more than i wanted to spend. DP says we shouldn't put a price on DDs life/comfort but am i being precious? The thing i liked about the silver cross one is the padded seat and aluminium construction (the rest were all plastic). Does anyone have one of these or something in a similar price range. I don't like the britax ones as the neck support looks too restrictive and DD didnt like sitting in it in the shop.

lizandlulu Tue 23-Sep-08 20:31:03

i got a graco one, and that is quite hard, i didnt like the thought of her being in it after being in a lovely squashy comfy one, but os far she has been fine in it.
dh did get another better one for when she goes in the lorry with him, just in case they were in an accident, (she sits in the fornt seat and its not far to the road ifswim) i dont know the make but he got it from halfords.
it looks like the seat she was in from ages 9 months to 2 years, it comes round her and is nice and squashy, that was £70.

justaflyingvisit Tue 23-Sep-08 20:34:24

nice picture of little girl with daddy in the big truck grin, she must love it

lizandlulu Tue 23-Sep-08 20:37:03

yes she does when she goes with him, but she doesnt like the thought of leaving me, she can be very clingy.
we go banger racing every other weekend in the truck too, all of us, and i just wouldnt have liked her being in one of the other seats i have.
i got a pink graco one form toys r us for n my car, which was £35, i always find halfords that bit dearer unless they have a sale on.

VanillaPumpkin Tue 23-Sep-08 20:38:19

The Britax Evolva 2-3 scored well with Which, is comfy and you can buy it for just under £50. HTH

justaflyingvisit Tue 23-Sep-08 20:38:44

envy my dd is very clingy to daddy

VanillaPumpkin Tue 23-Sep-08 20:40:18

Ah, sorry will read OP better in the future...you don't like the Britax.....
We have the Maxi Cosi Rodi XR but that was £80....

VanillaPumpkin Tue 23-Sep-08 20:43:43

It is side impact that the seat protects against too remember, not just raising her up to the right level for the adult belt.

andyrobo237 Tue 23-Sep-08 20:56:04

We have the Maxi Cosi Rodi - it has great side impact protection and is comfy - DD who is a skinny minny has never complained!

here is one via kiddicare who are a good online retailer for £50 and there are only a few left!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now