Talk

Advanced search

Is it not possible to find a tv/dvd for a child for under £100? Gah!!

(27 Posts)
filthymindedvixen Tue 23-Sep-08 17:59:51

The only one I can find is this but he is a boy!!

Tis for his birthday and grandparents are buying it but cannot afford more than £100. Surely it is possible?
Anyone got one?

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 23-Sep-08 19:20:07

Does it have to be character or can it be plain silver?

lisad123 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:27:07

if you can find one of these in stock and if his into pirates

www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=50915908

themildmannneredjanitor Tue 23-Sep-08 19:28:14

i think this is a sign and should be taken as such.
children don't need their own tvs.

lunavix Tue 23-Sep-08 19:29:32

there;s one in makro, it's 100 plus VAT (so 117.50 i believe?) 15", Dvd plus Freeview

Total bargain.

misdee Tue 23-Sep-08 19:30:51

why does it have to be a character one? never seen the appeal myself.

Mutt Tue 23-Sep-08 19:30:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

filthymindedvixen Tue 23-Sep-08 20:32:04

Oh ffs, this isn't a thread about TVs in kids room, it is the DVD bit I need. The TV bit will not be tuned in. We hardly watch tv in this house, buit we have very limited space and very little privacy. It is purely to make life easier when we have friend's kids round (which is most weekends) so the children can watch a dvd in the evening and we adults can have a teeny bit of adult time).
Go ans atart you're own thread about the rights ands wrongs of having them in rooms.
I have posted in products because i am looking for one. End of.

No it doesn't have to be character one, I was merely using that one to illusytrae the size and price range.

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 20:36:52

why are you going for the all in one?
be much, much cheaper to do separate surely?

filthymindedvixen Tue 23-Sep-08 20:41:57

because he has a teeny room, and an all in one will take up less space on a wall bracket.

PortAndLemon Tue 23-Sep-08 20:48:22

Here?

Mutt Tue 23-Sep-08 20:49:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

filthymindedvixen Tue 23-Sep-08 20:50:04

thank you port and lemon, that's the sort of thing!

And thanks for the other link, but no, even with my pirate obession, don't think I could stomach that frightful thing!grin

Sawyer64 Tue 23-Sep-08 20:50:52

Try HERE

Twiglett Tue 23-Sep-08 20:50:57

comes in to check you're being slated for thread title

looks around bemused

oh well, there's still time

mwahahahahahahahahahahaa grin

filthymindedvixen Tue 23-Sep-08 20:51:50

I have PMT so am a bit ferocious tonightwink but I hated the way several of you immediately started preaching to me about the evils of tv in children's rooms. I know and I totally agree, but this is special circs....

filthymindedvixen Tue 23-Sep-08 20:52:31

Twig, you are skating on thin ice. GGGRRRRR!

PortAndLemon Tue 23-Sep-08 20:52:44

Or here or here?

Twiglett Tue 23-Sep-08 20:52:57

oh no it's not

your turn

Trebuchet Tue 23-Sep-08 20:53:58

Hiya

If you're not after anything flash I've got one you can have for £30. Silver portable dvd tv. You'd need to collect it I am in the midlands. CAT me if you want x

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 20:54:36

hmm you can get those (slightyl bigger admittedly_) bracket that will hold both.

sorry, am just thinking that if you spend a lot of money and it gets broken or something then you've lost a lot. wheras if it's a cheap tv and cheap dvd player then it isn't as bad?

Sawyer64 Tue 23-Sep-08 20:56:28

Or HERE

filthymindedvixen Tue 23-Sep-08 20:58:06

Treb, thanks for the thought, but I am nowhere near the midlands.
Thank you, will show some of these to the grandparents

And now you may all come and flame me as I have said my piece and am leaving this thread to go and see if there's owt on t'box as I have to supervise the boys who are making themselves a play-yurt from bark and lentils....

Saturn74 Tue 23-Sep-08 21:03:21

We had a TV/DVD combi from Asda for DS2.
It was cheap (£60ish), but not worth it, as it broke after a while.
Asda replaced it, but the same thing happened again after a while.
It was a pain, as the screen was OK, but the DVD broke.

So, not sure the cheaper ones are really value for money in the long run.

We have a spare DVD player you can have, if grandparents wanted to buy just a tv?

BTW, I have no remorse for having a tv in my child's room. It means he can snuggle up and watch TMNT movies, and I can sit and read quietly in the living room.

Plus, we see enough of each other as it is - the poor child deserves a bit of peace! wink

fullmoonfiend Tue 23-Sep-08 21:07:37

Well, ds1 has a tv/vid combo (TV. untuned. for watching his extensive collection of university Challenge vidoes on wink) which was very cheap and nasty and is still going strong after 4 years (touches wood)

Humph I love you., You're my favourite mumsnetter, you know <<whistles nonchalently>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now