Talk

Advanced search

2 Left Feet Internet Company - anyone had problems?

(9 Posts)
SarahPT Tue 23-Sep-08 13:11:35

Just wanted to pass on my experience with this company to see if anyone else had similar experiences

I ordered a product from them but only later discovered hidden away in the small print that items take up to 28 days to be delivered (I appreciate that this oversight was my fault) - they took my credit card payment immeadiately though

After 28 days I spent 2 days constantly trying to get through to them by phone and eventually emailed them to cancel my order and refund my credit card after 31 days

10 days later I got an email saying my order had been dispatched and it's since arrived

Unfortunately I'd already bought another one in the meantime !

Luckily for me the item I ordered was 'only' £30 so I'm not massively out of pocket but wanted to pass this on to see if anyone else had had similar experiences ?

SugaryBits Tue 23-Sep-08 13:13:56

There are quite a few threads on the terrible service people here have received from TLF. Just search TLF in the archives.

WendyWeber Tue 23-Sep-08 13:14:32

Loads, Sarah - they seem like the crappest company in the UK grin

Do a search for messages, putting Two Left Feet in the top box but searching only thread titles

TheUNITUBER Tue 23-Sep-08 13:14:59

They're a nightmare.
There are a lot of threads about them.
It took me over 6 months to get a refund after ordering something they claimed to have in stock but did not. They then kept telling me it would be in shortly but it never was. I can only assume that they deliberately do this to get your money into their accounts earning interest (which I think is fraudulent).

LadyMuck Tue 23-Sep-08 13:15:25

Am impressed that they managed to deliver the item to you. That sounds very unusual for them.

artichokes Tue 23-Sep-08 13:16:56

They have such a terrible reputation that Watchdog even investigated them in 2006. Amazingly my order with them went OK (except they left £1000 of goods unsupervised on my doorstep after delivering them at the wrong time - luckily they were too heavy for anyone to bother stealing).

SarahPT Tue 23-Sep-08 13:34:58

That's made my day!

And Here was me worrying about bad-mouthing them!

Thanks everybody - I'll be searching mumsnet before I ever order from someone new again!

onceinalifetime Tue 23-Sep-08 13:36:40

How can they still be in business? Can't Trading Standards close them down?

blithedance Wed 24-Sep-08 14:02:42

A couple of years ago I posted a review of twoleft feet on reviewcentre.com (the usual story - no product, no refund). I've just been emailed by reviewcentre to say that all twoleftfeet reveiews have been removed pending a complaint hmm

Perhaps at last something has happened?

I ended up with a spare item too - sold it on ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now